Caribou Gear Tarp

How to become a dedicated wolf hunter????

OverlordBear

Hello everyone,

I have been devouring all of Randy Newberg, Meat Eater and Solo Hunter material and have learned a lot. I harvested a nice muley this fall, but I saw as much predator sign as I did any deer or elk sign. I can hear wolves at night near my house and I live near Caribou Targhee National forest, pretty much the front line of the wolf reintroduction. I am an adult onset hunter and have been hunting for 7 years on public land and have only been successful about half the time. Where would be a good place to start learning about effective wolf hunting strategies so I don't waste my time. I have three day weekends every week and it only takes me an hour to get into wolf country so I have a good chance of being able to put in the time to effective hunt them. A lot of stuff I have seen on youtube ends up being coyotes in the midwest or wolves in alaska or canada and I am wondering if anyone has mastered wolf hunting in the lower 48 and what strategies they use to accomplish this. Ultimately I think I would rather bag a wolf every year then an elk just to help the herds. Any suggestions or literature recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks

IMG_2792.jpg

Jcs271

Hey thanks for the 20 cents any recommendation on decent calls for wolf hunting. Should I use distress cow calf calls with my elk calls or should I invest in the electronic calls and any recommendations on quality brand of calls. I might also take the trapping education class this spring for Idaho. Well good luck this winter and thanks for any additional advice.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back