Rings for my new VX-5

At first blush I preferred a front extended talley for the 30mm VX5 tube but they did not offer....the regulars, however, worked fine on a Cooper 52.

Why a picatinny on a normal hunting rifle? mtmuley

I used a Warne rail on my Remington 700 in 338 Win. Mag. so I could get the scope far enough back. Before the rail I had Warne two piece steel bases, and just wasn't able to move the scope as far back as I wanted it. The scope is a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40. I've never used a rail before but in this case I sure do like it.

My least favorite rings are the standard Leupolds. Used them for years but that was before I knew any better.

Burris Signatures that were mentioned are a great option also.

Nope. Not normal. Not any different in dimensions from any other 700 chambered in that cartridge. mtmuley
giphy.gif

X2 for the talleys or leupold backcountry. Lightweight, simple, and strong. I like that there's one less connection with a ring and base made together

You can spend more money on rings than Talleys but I'm not sure it is worth it on a hunting rifle.

With that said, I have a Talley 700 Long Action rail I no longer need if you're interested.

I've got a set of Leupold QRW #49841 bases and a set of Leupold Backcountry medium rings # 175120 waitin for a Rem 700 to get back. I wanted the Leupold QRH #49842 bases, but they are out of production and hard to find. One place purports to have them, but I'll be damned if I'd pay $13 to ship a $30 item.

Back