PEAX Equipment

Max Trax vs. X-Bull vs. any other recovery traction track

kishs10

Has anybody had any experience with the X-bull traction track? The X-bull product is way cheaper than the Max Trax. I'd like to know if any one has any experience with these products.

Steve

I've used the heck out of Max Trax, mostly in snow here in the Pacific Northwest. Since getting the Max Trax boards, my family and friends have rarely used our winches. The boards make getting un-stuck so easy and safe...

On one trip, someone had used the Smittybuiilt (spelling?) alternative. They worked, but broke. All the Max Trax boards we used worked fine.

I'm sure there are decent alternatives to the Max Trax boards, but these have been terrific. They are part of my "essentials" in the Jeep anymore.

Regards, Guy

Thanks for the info, Guy. I'm definitely considering getting the Max Trax.

They are expensive, but... They're good.

g20cVG7l.jpg

Guy

Last edited:
I bought a pair of Maxtrax and a pair of knock-offs. Haven't needed them all fall. Guessing I will on the lake this winter. (Chevy 2500 Duramax, when it's stuck, it's really stuck, so we'll see how they work)

How well do these work on full size trucks ?

Fine. The Max Trax do anyway. My whole "group" of guys 'n gals bought the Max Trax a few years ago and we've used them a lot, with all sorts of rigs. It has really cut down on the winter/snowy winching!

Pretty funny that we mostly use 'em in snow, and they were developed in Australia, where I understand they're mostly used in sand... :)

Guy

Got the maxtrax for the wife's vehicle as noted above (she's on the road a lot) but got the truckclaws (truckclaws.com) for my tacoma. Again haven't actually used either but the videos of both are good.

Found this video reviewing both brands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkI2qPsa96I

Informative and also shows some good uses for them. I wonder about using them here in the brutal cold of winter below zero temps if they would crack easier when flexed like these guys do in warm weather. Still haven't needed mine yet, a little age and wisdom keeps me from getting stuck as much as I used to.

If space is less of a problem than $$$.
A lot of guys really like the maxsa innovations escaper for $140 Amazon or Ebay.
The down side is that they don't stack together as nice as the maxtrax.
They really are good in snow

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back