Diamond Creek zone

Jayden12

Anybody archery hunt the diamond Creek zone in Id?I'm thinking of buying the A tag.Looking at hunting unit 76.Is the terrain good for glassing or is it more heavily wooded?How steep is the country in that unit?Not getting any younger so curious how much I'd need to prepare
Also,if I buy the A tag, am I still allowed to apply for sheep or goat?I'd like to start taking chances at one of those tags as it's one of the few states I have same odds as any other NR

I have hunted it. It can be as steep as you want in places. Definitely crowded in many places. Unfortunately, the OHV rules during hunting season meant to improve the experience do not deter the entitled crowed from violating them (and not even careing). I turned in all these guys opening day after they wrecked our hunt. My kid and I pre-scouted and spiked camped per the rules but these jack wagons wrecked our opening day by riding in at prime time and cutting us off. Not the first time it happened.
AACE87F2-F579-4E58-A0C7-B9FE7AB1A97E.jpg

I heard that's a problem there.Thought crowding may have got better with the license caps.Is it good glassing country?If I buy tag,I'd probably start my hunt around Sept 15-16th.The pics were helpful.Doesnt look to bad as far as steep.When planning an area,I guess I need to find areas 4 wheelers can't get into.Id be coming 2700 miles to hunt and be pretty mad if that happened to me.Never hunted Idaho so want to give it a try.Do you have much luck archery hunting there

I’ve never hunted it but I can tell you there are areas people will not take quads to, and that’s where I’d camp/hunt.

Well it sold out in 8 hours.I looked this morning as I needed to contact fish&wildlife on Monday about my archery cert.Guess I'll look into a plan B if I want to hunt Id for the first time this year

Well it sold out in 8 hours.I looked this morning as I needed to contact fish&wildlife on Monday about my archery cert.Guess I'll look into a plan B if I want to hunt Id for the first time this year

We were hoping to archery hunt elk and deer in Diamond Creek in 2019. Are you saying those elk tags are already sold out??

The tags go on sale in June I believe, and they sell out in the first day typically...the sale date is listed in the Idaho regulations. To the OP, if you buy the tag OTC, then yes you can still apply for goats, but if you plan to put in for any other controlled hunts, the big three are a no-go. I know some people that hunt Diamond Creek, and it can become an absolute rodeo with people, and you will most likely call in other hunters. That being said, there are a lot of elk in the zone, so if you can ditch the crowds you may get into them.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back