Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana 411 elk hunt

Trucker

Finally drew a 411 elk permit. Im a non res and have been trying for a while to draw. My buddy has a couple ranches in the unit and see bulls all the time but never had a permit. Here are some pictures from my hunt.

my son got a little buck.

We were driving to town and found this buck that had been shot through both back legs and in the brisket. Both back legs were broken and he was in bad shape. Found the landowner and talked to him. He have us permission to go shoot him. Not the buck I wanted but could not let him lay there and die a slow death. So I used my tag on him.

much respect to those who fill tags on a "mercy" buck. looks like a heck of a hunt. how many points did this hunt take?

Congrats on your bull. And thanks for doing what was needed on behalf of the injured buck.

Thank you for your coup de grace for the buck.

Sweet mass on your bull. Congratulations

Almost can't believe a bull with thirds like that came from anywhere in Montana. Seems like small thirds are a Montana signature.

Congrats on a great bull and some nice bucks.

Congrats on your elk and your sons deer ! Glad you put the buck out of his misery. Sucks to see wounded animals in the field like that.

Good sportsmanship and congrats on getting the truck to the elk. I’ve done it both ways, and driving right to em is much easier! That’s a great bull. Glad your son was able to join.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back