Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by madtom View Post
    To be fair, the one shot website shows past participants to include representatives from Weatherby, Ruger, Cabelas, and Coors. Shall we extend the witch hunt to include them?

https://oneshotantelopehunt.com/notable-shooters/
    Maybe, depends on if the participants are told ahead of time just exactly what goes on.

I suspect many aren't really told the whole story until after they show up. There's probably a reason why a lot of the notable "shooters" are "one and done".
    "...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana." -Norman Maclean

"They were still so young they hadn't learned to count the odds and to sense they might owe the universe a tragedy"
    -Norman Maclean

Blog Entries

To be fair, the one shot website shows past participants to include representatives from Weatherby, Ruger, Cabelas, and Coors. Shall we extend the witch hunt to include them?

https://oneshotantelopehunt.com/notable-shooters/
    I'll turn your question around.
    Just because these participants are "representatives" of Weatherby, Ruger, Cabelas, and Coors - they shouldn't be included in this "witch hunt"? Titans of the industry.........................
    Nice choice of buzz phrase, by the way

If people like Rinella listened to every random self-proclaimed local expert that warned them about something, they'd probably be afraid to get out of bed. I'll be curious to see if he participates again, but my sense is he (and probably a good number of other past participants) didn't recognize the depth of weirdness with this event prior to showing up. There would need to be a few more skeletons falling from his closet for my assessment of him to change.

Blog Entries

The event website cover photo:
    Name:  79th-Annual-One-Shot-Antelope-Hunt.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  41.5 KB
    Note the 79'th annual part. Obviously, plenty of prior knowledge of this event existed - self proclaimed local expert opinions needn't play a part....
    No real dog in this fight - but it is an interesting "sportsmens/womens" related topic, given the popularity of the hunting spokesperson - see how it all pans out..........

No one says much about farm hunts in east either....
    Good thing I'm not more than "infamous",the celebrity thing must be crushing.
    Carry on!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hank4elk View Post
    It's the "East" - no one cares
    Name:  lord-i-apologize-for-that-one-there-and-please-be-with-all-the-starving-pygmies-down-there-in-ne.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  169.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hank4elk View Post
    You mean when he hunts the Duran farm in Wisconsin? What's to be said about that one...

Quote Originally Posted by wllm1313 View Post
    You mean when he hunts the Duran farm in Wisconsin? What's to be said about that one...
    Not sure there is anything to be said about that. It is not taking tags away from other hunters and it does not appear to have any weird racial traditions that the one shot appears to have. I personally do not live or hunt in farm country, but if you have a problem with that then you are going to be kicking a lot of hunters out of the boat. It is no different than hunting mule deer on a private ranch, roosters in farm country, etc.

If people like Rinella listened to every random self-proclaimed local expert that warned them about something, they'd probably be afraid to get out of bed. I'll be curious to see if he participates again, but my sense is he (and probably a good number of other past participants) didn't recognize the depth of weirdness with this event prior to showing up. There would need to be a few more skeletons falling from his closet for my assessment of him to change.
    FWIW, he didn’t participate in 2018.
    “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” - Jack London

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234