Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Steven Rinella on Joe Rogan Podcast

Rinella is one of the best ambassadors to hunting, in my opinion. He does an incredible job on Joe Rogan's podcast! One reason that I believe I enjoyed it so much is because JRE reaches alot of the non hunting audience who would otherwise maybe never hear something like this.
    https://youtu.be/j7r7E0DNjaw
    Last edited by genesis273; 11-18-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    Can't figure people down there eating hog when they could feed on elk.
    Bear Claw "Jeremiah Johnson"

Blog Entries

I think there are more eloquent representatives out there...but I still appreciate the efforts he makes.
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

More eloquent, yes. More listened to by non hunters, no. Not even close by a long shot that I can think of.
    “To me, if you don’t eat it, then it’s not a point of pride”. -Matt Rinella

4. Default

They put out a number of short clips on You Tube,Pretty cool stuff.Steve seems to know his shite.
    Turned me on to Aldo Leopold.Another great guy a writer, hunter and philosopher.

I love Steve Rinella hes always pretty spot on . I haven yet to read any of his books but Its on my list of to do's

Steve's a very intelligent dude.

I wish him and Adam Greentree could drag Rogan out on more public land hunts though. Cameron seems to win him over more often with the ranch hunts, unfortunately. Although I can't blame them a bit for capitalizing on those free opportunities.
    Put down the man bun beers and grab a Banquet, your in The Rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by 406LIFE View Post
    I think there are more eloquent representatives out there...but I still appreciate the efforts he makes.
    Rinella or Rogan?
    "I'll put some whiskey into my whiskey"

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool.06 View Post
    I love Steve Rinella hes always pretty spot on . I haven yet to read any of his books but Its on my list of to do's
    He's not always "pretty spot on", he hunted in the One Shot Antelope hunt in Lander, Wy.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JM77 View Post
    He's not always "pretty spot on", he hunted in the One Shot Antelope hunt in Lander, Wy.
    I suppose you’ve never made a mistake before?

And will that mistake really affect how the nonhunting public views him?
    Last edited by icebreaker12; 11-20-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Rinella and Newberg are the most eloquent and best ambassadors we have. Both are educated, love their sports and are good business men. Reaching the non hunters is a challenge but Rinella is honest and advocates dialog. Watch the new season on Netflix; listen to what he is saying about public land an our hunting sports.

That doesn’t make him or anyone else that participated a bad person. Gov Mead participated and he has done immense good for Wyoming’s wildlife and people. Do I care that he was in the one shot hunt enough to negate all the good he has done? No, I could care less frankly as there are far bigger issues to be concerned with. Should it be changed? Probably but you can’t discount someone based upon just that.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

Name:  IMG_0738.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  56.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by 375H&H View Post
    That doesn’t make him or anyone else that participated a bad person. Gov Mead participated and he has done immense good for Wyoming’s wildlife and people. Do I care that he was in the one shot hunt enough to negate all the good he has done? No, I could care less frankly as there are far bigger issues to be concerned with. Should it be changed? Probably but you can’t discount someone based upon just that.
    You're right, I bet he looked great dressed as an Indian women because his team lost. There, he's not "discounted" after all. He's in that picture somewhere, that's the "hunt" he participated in.
    Last edited by JM77; 11-20-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Lol

ha Fail
    Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter 2009-2018
    Squirrel's and SteveE 's super secret man crush
    SSSMC-2016-2017

JM, have you emailed him about his involvement in the One Shot Hunt? I’ve seen Facebook comments in threads about it but I don’t believe anything productive has ever taken place on that platform. I believe the One Shot Hunt is abhorrent but I also believe people make mistakes and might not realize how disgusting something is until a conversation is had.

I’ve always taken him to be a self reflective person, that may or may not be the case but I think it’s worth a well thought out email his direction.
    Last edited by Schaaf; 11-20-2018 at 08:19 PM.

the one shot surely has not been mention on any podcast! Im dying!
    SSSMC-2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Schaaf View Post
    JM, have you emailed him about his involvement in the One Shot Hunt? I’ve seen Facebook comments in threads about it but I don’t believe anything productive has ever taken place on that platform. I believe the One Shot Hunt is abhorrent but I also believe people make mistakes and might not realize how disgusting something is until a conversation is had.

I’ve always taken him to be a self reflective person, that may or may not be the case but I think it’s worth a well thought email his direction.
    Then its certainly time to reflect!
    SSSMC-2016-2017

Was the hunt talked about on Rinella’s podcast? I don’t recall. Thankfully, it was discussed at length on Randy’s.

Curious, what's the One Shot Antelope Hunt?
    Can't figure people down there eating hog when they could feed on elk.
    Bear Claw "Jeremiah Johnson"

Quote Originally Posted by Schaaf View Post

I’ve always taken him to be a self reflective person, that may or may not be the case but I think it’s worth a well thought out email his direction.
    He was informed about the One Shot by Buzz and myself at the BHA Rendezvoux through Yanus. No excuse that he didn't know what he was getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by genesis273 View Post
    Curious, what's the One Shot Antelope Hunt?
    This might help:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wtW6H0Afg_WfNd

SSSMC-2016-2017

I learned a lot about it from this thread.

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...ot-hunt-issues
    “It is well to go all out sometimes.” - Elers Koch

SSSMC-2016-2017

25. Default

You're right, I bet he looked great dressed as an Indian women because his team lost. There, he's not "discounted" after all. He's in that picture somewhere, that's the "hunt" he participated in.
    So wait that’s the part of the hunt that gets you all hot and bothered? Not the 80 tags that go to them in hard to draw areas?

I agree it’s a stupid tradition. But the tags are what should be bothering you...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast