Yeti GOBOX Collection

NC Public Land Buck

Great buck, congrats!

I just packed out my first deer here in NC last night. Game lands doe came in at 4:15 and by 6:30 I dropped my pack in the car. All I had to do once I got home was drop the quarters into the cooler. Other than killing one very close to the car, I'll never drag one again. Of course, I don't have a fancy pack, I just use a molle frame/hip belt/shoulder straps with a small bag. Worked perfectly last night.

Congrats on the gameland doe! Those are trophies in NC! As for the equipment you used? It works, and much better than sliding them across the ground to the truck!

That's a fine buck anywhere congrats! I started cutting up and packing out my deer and pigs season before last. Some friends still give me an odd look when I tell them how to plan to get it out even when not hunting far back. Unless I can float it out the whole way I'll never drag another deer or hog. Especially a hog that is the worst to drag!

The only downfall to this is there are some gun hunts I'd like to make except there are mandatory deer checks where you have to bring the deer out whole or field dressed.

Back