Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Buh bye BOOYAH

Interesting. I am always amazed at how much punishment varies for wildlife crimes. Sometimes it seems like poachers get a slap on the wrist pay a few thousand bucks and go on their way, and other times situations such as this which appears to have some pretty serious consequences including prison time and large amounts of money for killing an extra whitetail buck and trying to hide it.

Interesting. I am always amazed at how much punishment varies for wildlife crimes. Sometimes it seems like poachers get a slap on the wrist pay a few thousand bucks and go on their way, and other times situations such as this which appears to have some pretty serious consequences including prison time and large amounts of money for killing an extra whitetail buck and trying to hide it.

This pertains to Federal violations while most pertain to only state violation

This pertains to Federal violations while most pertain to only state violation

That's the interesting part. Shooting an extra whitetail buck on private land and then transporting it across state lines may have more consequences than killing a much more sough after trophy like an elk.

I remember Nebraska looked at updating some of their punishment a while back after there were 25 antelope poached. But that still left the fine for killing an elk at only $1,000, which seems like a slap on the wrist IMO.
https://www.omaha.com/news/legislat...cle_2b59bef5-25d0-56a7-90de-9cb6a5bc89ff.html
The high-profile poaching case that helped spur the bills involved the November 2015 killing of 25 pronghorn antelope near Broadwater. The animals were shot and left to rot.

The two men convicted of the violations were each fined $950 and sentenced to 18 months probation. In addition, each man was ordered to pay $530 in court costs and $6,000 in liquidated damages, which is an assessment intended to represent the value of the animals to the public.

The men faced fines ranging from $5,000 to $12,500 had they been penalized for each of the 25 antelope. On top of the fines, they faced a maximum of $29,000 in liquidated damages.

The minimum fine for illegally killing an elk would increase from $500 to $1,000, and fines for game birds such as pheasant, quail, ducks, sandhill cranes and mourning doves would change from $100 to $500.

The bill also would increase the minimum penalty for shooting from a roadway from $100 to $500.

The Lacey Act comes into play for wildlife violations crossing state lines. You don't want to mess with it. Big trouble. All of us who hunt out of state are subject to the Lacey Act. GJ

If there’s a bigger douche out there, I have yet to see him.

Dude, I once saw a grown man refer to himself as a Very Stable Geniu.........nevermind.

For entertainment's sake, I searched the youtube for videos of Brackett's tantrum, but seems they've skinned the internet of them. Epic goonery.

Back