Wyoming Preference Point System

Sasquatchewan

Hey guys,

I've been buying preference points for the past two years for Pronghorn and Deer in Wyoming and this year I used my points for Antelope and tagged my first goat! Now I hunt Saskatchewan and our draw system here is fairly simple and I thought I was doing alright with Wyoming's but now I'm not too sure...

I applied to the draw with the PP option (with already 2 PP in the bank), drew my tag and went hunting. I purchased my PP for Deer before the deadline this year and it got me thinking, did the tag that I applied for with the PP Option use that PP during this year's draw (so I thought I applied with only 2 PP but in reality had now 3 pp)? Or will I be back to 1 PP for Antelope/ 3 PP for deer for next year?

Thanks!

If you drew your first choice you'll be back to 0 pp for antelope and shouldn't have been charged for a pp. You should be going into next years draw with 3pp for deer and 0 for antelope.

So I applied to the draw with the PP option and they don't charge me for it but when October came I didn't get the option to purchase an other PP since I got drawn?

So I applied to the draw with the PP option and they don't charge me for it but when October came I didn't get the option to purchase an other PP since I got drawn?

Did you draw a first choice antelope tag this year?

The preference point option when you apply just means you are paying for your point ahead of time in the event you don't draw first choice. The new point isn't applied to your total until after the draw. So if you drew a first choice tag, you either drew it with your two points or in the random portion of the draw.

Seen!

I drew my first choice, makes sense now, so you can only get a PP if you do not draw your first choice application.

I drew my first choice, makes sense now, so you can only get a PP if you do not draw your first choice application.

Exactly. The preference point option just saves you the trouble of remembering to buy your point later if you don't draw.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back