PEAX Equipment

Colorado Big 3 PP Fee

vanish

Sheep / Goat / Moose preference points, on top of requiring some sort of hunting license (small game or turkey, NOT fishing license) and paying the app fee, are now $50 R / $100 NR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy1GePZ6ooI

( Investigating the fee for other species was deferred until next year. )

Last edited:
Bummer. I was looking forward to them being free forever, that way I would never draw.

Glad they are upping it... and don't get me wrong because I hunt in lots of other states as a NR but why doesn't CO ever follow the other states ratio of R v. NR fees.

MT-- $2 and $20 at time off app and $15 and $75 if you do it later.

If I’m understanding this correctly, it will now cost $50 per species (goat, sheep, or moose) to apply? With all the confusion on the commission, I had a hard time following what was actually being voted on.

If I’m understanding this correctly, it will now cost $50 per species (goat, sheep, or moose) to apply? With all the confusion on the commission, I had a hard time following what was actually being voted on.

It will cost more than that, as that does not include the application fee. That's just the fee for accruing a Preference Point.

at least they finally upped the app fee so they cover the processing cost... why was that so hard?

I am more than happy to provide the fee for the PP. Every other state charges something similar and hopefully the additional cost will help winnow out those that are just applying because it was essentially free.

Back