Caribou Gear Tarp

Nice To Be Done

Big Sky

I didn't shoot a deer last year and the freezer has been devoid of whitetail deer for the better part of 3 years. My family and I much prefer whitetail table fare wise as opposed to mule deer. With that said, I'm not overly picky anymore when it comes to whitetail bucks. I've got a few decent bucks mounted on the wall and nowadays I'm more interested in just getting something for the table. Granted, if a big buck walked out I would do my best to bring him home. However, I no longer hold out and pass up countless numbers of bucks. So my philosophy these days is basically if it is a whitetail, and not a spike or micro fork horn, it's BOOM time! Heck, come the last weekend even the wt does are in trouble. With that said it was nice to run into this perfect for the table buck yesterday after work. It wasn't much of a hunt. I was out looking for a buck when the person that owns the land I was hunting on got a hold of me and told me where he saw a buck chasing a doe. I went to the spot, saw the buck, shot the buck. Done and grateful to have it. :) Now back to my regularly scheduled fishing...
attachment.php

I like the way you have your priorities. Might not be the same as mine exactly but I like them anyway.

Nice buck, should make a great winter+ of dinners for you and yours, between platters of monster trout... :)

That's a good looking buck! Something about those MT whitetails, they sure are a pretty deer.

Thanks guys. I have to admit after a lifetime of busting my rear for big game it's nice to get a layup now and then. Especially now that I just don't have the hunting fever like I used to. Hard to get motivated so I appreciate the Hunting God's throwing me a bone, so to speak.

I respect your relaxed approach. It’s opposite for me now—I used to obsess over fishing and not think much about hunting. It switched up on me. That’s a pretty buck you got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back