So Dak part 2

Chad Gus

Spent the weekend in south dakota deer hunting with my uncle. He drew an any deer tag and his wife didn't want him to go alone. I was out there for archery opener and my tag went unfilled that time around, so this gave me a reason to go back and spend some time with my uncle. His mobility is not the greatest and refuses to shoot past 300 yards and me bow hunting we weren't gonna be too picky.
Sunday morning we found a small buck walking down a fence line, i was able to loop around ahead of him and he walked past at 43 yards. He ran about 150 yards after the shot and piled up, my tagged was filled. That afternoon we were headed to a spot where we seen a big whitetail buck earlier that day, when we spotted 8 or 9 mule deer on a small piece of public land. There were a couple bucks in the group so we backed the truck up til we were out of sight of the deer. There was a hill 100 yards from there road, we crawled to the top peeked over and the deer were still there feeding. One of the bucks was off from the group i ranged him just under 250 yards. My uncle eased up into shooting position and squeezed off a round, center punching the heart. 20181111_173147.jpg20181111_075356.jpg20181111_081223.jpg

Good bucks by my standards! I love SoDak hunting. That tire sign is funny.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back