Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Randy...step on it.

I would have been done by now. When you get one hunt each year, like Matthew does, all I can figure is you decide to milk it for all you can. The weather was hardly mid-Novemberish for a Wyoming elk hunt, but I was happy to have it. Word is a big storm is coming tomorrow evening, so maybe that will spur Matthew into action.

To use the old saying, "target rich environment" would be an understatement here. Yeah, not all are on public, but it was the most bull elk I have seen in a day, in my life. Crazy, but a hell of a lot of fun.

Can't thank Buzz enough for joining us today. As a side note, we never found the bulls he posted pictures of to start this thread, so I'm thinking they might have been screen shots from a TV while he was resting on his couch.

Super tired, so I am crashing early. I will ask Marcus to cut some images of bulls and I will try to post them tomorrow night. You will conclude Matthew needs some therapy, or he is just enjoying the days afield, or he is just the most particular elk hunter I've ever joined on a hunt.

Let's see; 330ish bull about 500 yards above a two-track, grazing unaware, easy stalk, all downhill pack out.

DSCN0149.jpg

Matthew's reply, "If this can be found on the first morning, I wonder what we can find with a week to hunt?"

Randy's reply, "You've lost your $&@#^$ mind!"

More tomorrow.

Way too cool!! Waiting for the video ��
Cherish the time with your son, it’s the best part of the hunt regardless of what hits the ground at the end of the bullet flight...

I seem to remember Matthews dad passing several big bulls to shoot a slightly bigger one in a horrible place in Colorado 2 years ago.

Finally one big enough for Matthew to get excited. I'm beyond excited. One mile stalk and a 350 yard shot and we could be celebrating.

Stand by for news.

Last time you were on your phone and Matthew was Excited glassing, he shot a trophy moose. Go get him!

Back