Yeti GOBOX Collection

Window mount suggestions??

Carnage2011

I'm in the market for a new window mount for my spotting scope. I had a Vanguard for years that treated me well, but I've finally worn it out. I've looked at a time of them the last few weeks and I can't find anything good. The Vortex one is flimsy and not smooth at all. I messed with a Nikon and it was junk as well. Does anyone have a window mount that they are really happy?

I've had the same one that Dink mentioned for 4-5 years and it has been good.

The cabelas one mentioned above is a vanguard, one of the few that share the same plate as the tripod head.
Something else to consider, I have been thinking of going to a universal base from manfrotto and then get a good fluid head like the benro s2, same head that I plan to switch to on my tripod.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...8178&msclkid=ddcbd834715b1c4c658683d8c8a9883f

Interesting idea there. Would that threaded universal mount work for adding a regular tripod fluid head? That might be pretty slick!

Interesting idea there. Would that threaded universal mount work for adding a regular tripod fluid head? That might be pretty slick!

Yep that's the idea. Has 3/8" screw but I suppose adapters can be found if needed. Might be slightly more $$ in the end, but could end up with a much better quality head. And another huge bonus for me would be having the same adapter plate on both the tripod and window mount!

The cabelas one mentioned above is a vanguard, one of the few that share the same plate as the tripod head.
Something else to consider, I have been thinking of going to a universal base from manfrotto and then get a good fluid head like the benro s2, same head that I plan to switch to on my tripod.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...8178&msclkid=ddcbd834715b1c4c658683d8c8a9883f

Hey man,

That thing looks really cool!

In my experience that s2 fluid head isn't the best, I have gone through a few over the years and they seem the get wobbly and there is no happy medium especially when it comes to the pan. They work well out of the box but deteriorate quickly.

Just my two cents, if you were going to use it just from the truck on a window mount I think it would work. But if you plan to pack it around in the mountains and take some abuse, I might consider other options. The one that I've been hearing everyone rant and rave about is the Sirui VA 5 but at $150 it's a little spendy but buy once cry once.

Back