Yeti GOBOX Collection

"Prostate Buck" :)

pointingdogsrule

Just had to think of a catchy title. Been dealing with a high PSA the last 4 years. 2.5 years ago went to Mayo clinic for MRI and biopsies.... 24 biopies all negative. Well, PSA still going up so doc sends me back to Mayo clinic. I am (was) scheduled for Mon - Wed for MRI and more biopies.

So I am sitting in my tree on Sunday night hoping for a 150 class deer. I already had decided that if anything half way decent came by he might get shot. Not knowing how medical tests would turn out I decided not to be too picky. I was watching 2 small bucks and 2 doe right under my stand. Well, all of a sudden this guy walks right out from beneath me. He chases the doe 200 yards out into the field. The doe didn't want to play. I figured that it was over. Low and behold he turns around and walks right back to me. (NOTE: I am never this lucky) :) He gave me a 17 yard shot and I decided this maybe about as good as it will get with limited hunting time. Not sure how good the shot was I waited til the next morning. Lots of blood as I trailed him (always a good sign). Found him 100 yards below in a steep gully.

Not the biggest buck, however, I am happy.

NOTE: They found a spot on the MRI this time...… So I am off to Mayo in a few minutes for more biopies.

good luck to all
the dog

attachment.php

Nice Buck! Glad you were able to put one down. Hoping for the best at Mayo.

Congrats on the nice buck!
Stay on top of the biopsy analysis. Be proactive if cancer shows.

For whatever it's worth, 'went through the same gamut three or so years ago. After a robotic prostatectomy, it's gone and so is the cancer.
My wife had a hip replaced about same time. Then we got serious about recovery fitness. 2017 lots of hiking and 76-mile 7-day backpack trip in Bob Marshall, 2018 a 19-mile day hike Specimen Ridge, a 22-mile day hike Nez Perce Creek Hayden Valley, and a 40-mile 4-day Bechler River backpack, all in Yellowstone. I have been hiking, climbing, elk hunting hard this fall (alas no success YET). So take this sign of the almost certain prostatic aging as a wake-up call to motivate more physical activity and hunting in your life.

Hunting and fishing can be a great motivator to go on, good luck and congrats.

Thanks for all the compliments on the buck and especially the thoughts going forward with the prostate as they are VERY MUCH appreciated.

good luck to all
the dog

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back