First Mule deer success!!!

Hey guys, we just got this bad boy yesterday. We had to leave him in the mountain though. There was a huge cold front coming in, so we only had time to gut him, and we had to leave
We will be hiking back up to get the meat shortly, however he might be frozen. Is it a nightmare to quarter frozen game?

http://imgur.com/gallery/KHWf7US

Attachments

• 18855-MMS-1541995958790-attachment1-20181111_182742.jpg
    18855-MMS-1541995958790-attachment1-20181111_182742.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 476
I have never had to quarter a frozen animal but I have cut some frozen meat. If he is rock hard frozen it is going to suck I would make sure to have a heavy boning blade. I would be surprised if he was that froze.

If they are partially frozen it will cut like a dream, better than soft. When you make jerky I always start slicing when it is still pretty frozen. Similar with grinding I would prefer to grind partially frozen deer.

Nice deer by the way!

I have never had to quarter a frozen animal but I have cut some frozen meat. If he is rock hard frozen it is going to suck I would make sure to have a heavy boning blade. I would be surprised if he was that froze.

If they are partially frozen it will cut like a dream, better than soft. When you make jerky I always start slicing when it is still pretty frozen. Similar with grinding I would prefer to grind partially frozen deer.

Nice deer by the way!

Thanks, it was exactly as you said. We did get caught up in a bad snow storm almost didnt make it off the mountain. But we got the deer back! Thanks for the reply.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back