Semi stranded. Help would be appreciated.

Ttannahill14

Never made it to my hunting destination. Flipped the truck. I’m okay.

Grabbing a hotel for the night. Might need some help in the morning if anyone is in the Sheridan/ Billings area and is free.

Text me if anyone is free and willing.

913-909-0613

80C48E71-3DED-4CB6-9990-8B3850299D8F.jpg

Dang. That is bad luck. Glad to know you are OK, or assume you are, given you are able to log in and make a post. Hope you have better luck ahead.

Thank for the concerns. I didn’t have a scratch on me which was amazing.

Had a couple guys reach out which is greatly appreciated! Nice knowing I have some internet friends I can count in cause I’m 1000 miles from home and don’t know a soul around here.

Think I have a plan in place for the morning... it still involves elk!

Thank for the concerns. I didn’t have a scratch on me which was amazing.

Had a couple guys reach out which is greatly appreciated! Nice knowing I have some internet friends I can count in cause I’m 1000 miles from home and don’t know a soul around here.

Think I have a plan in place for the morning... it still involves elk!

Great news! If you had to get in a bind, at least you were near Billings. Though even if you were in the middle of nowhere I know a few of us would make a drive to help someone in trouble.

Good luck out there!

Dang. Glad you're alright. Now if that were a Jeep you'd just roll it back over and continue on your way.

Good luck salvaging your hunt!

WOW! Seatbelts and airbags to the rescue I would imagine. Glad you are uninjured.

Hope you have a good agent!

(A little inside joke I hope)

dang, glad you are ok. Good to have hunting friends. hope your luck turns around. I bet you had hunting gear scattered all over the highway.

Finally got to my hunting unit about 3PM today... got on 4 elk all of them being nice 5x5's and a 6x6 this afternoon... couldn't get them in the scope in time to get a shot off. Optimistic for the week ahead to say the least, had them at 250 yards.

Special thanks to Montexan and 406Life for offering to help me out to get me hunting again... didn't end up needing them, but HuntTalk is a special online community for 2 guys to offer to help a total stranger in a bad situation, thanks again!

After flipping that truck, did you check your rifle for zero, and did it hold? If it did, you probably should get a commercial endorsement for the story. :)

After flipping that truck, did you check your rifle for zero, and did it hold? If it did, you probably should get a commercial endorsement for the story. :)

That's part of the reason I couldn't find the elk in the scope! I got in yesterday afternoon and my buddy and I wanted to squeeze a hunt in so I grabbed his rifle and went. When we spotted the elk and put the scope up... it was on 20X zoom! Elk were at 300 yards I would have been looking for a shoulder with that zoom power ha. By the time i turned the scope down the elk were gone. Lessoned learned.

We set up a target today after our morning hunt and checked my scope. Spot on. I feel much more comfortable with my own rifle now!

No elk today... lots of mulies but I'm in a draw unit and only have general tag. Unseasonable warm today and tomorrow. Snow Friday and cold Saturday. I have to leave Sunday.

Did see a nice bighorn on some private.

BigHorn.jpg

Good luck, that weather could complicate your travel plans.
Glad to hear you're safe and hunting.

Back