Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

West Yellowstone Bison?

Dieseldog

Does anyone know if anyone in the West Yellowstone area offers a drag retrieval service on bison if a guy gets one down? Not sure how many friends I can line up to come with if I leave on short notice after winter storms hit Yellowstone.. As of now have a snowmobile offered for me to take with if I need it and 2 friends that say they will go. But we all know how that plays out when it's go time.

Ok thanks. I will ask Ralph. I don't think they go to West Yellowstone tho but maybe. I used them last year in Jackson when I had a cow tag. Now a bull tag in West is gonna overload the freezer again. But man is it good meat.

I live just over the hill in ID, could be talked into helping out for some PM me not sure how much help I would be as I have never cut up a buffalo but willing to give it a try

I live in billings but, work permitting, I would be willing to help. I work out of town every other week, so it would be kind of hit or miss.

I would love to be part of packing out a bison

Reviving and old thread here. To the original poster, where you able to find any drag retrieval companies?

I had that tag this year and could have a similar issue of not always having reliable help on short notice in particular if I do a short hunt during the week. I have found a few potential options but both guys do snowmobile guiding as well and cannot guarantee they will be available.

I live in Billings and have several friends that say they will drive to West if I shoot one but that is far from a perfect solution.

Congrats to both of you, can’t imagine a more awesome tag to have in your pocket. Good luck on the hunts! Hope you guys find the help you need to make your hunts stress free.

I never did line anyone up. Didn't have to the Bison never moved that winter till after the state deadline was over. I think there was maybe like 3 state hunters that filled and then later like 250 tribal hunters filled.

Back