First Archery Buck!

maxx

What a morning!

We got settle and within 10 minutes I could hear foot steps. I told my son to grab his bow and stand up. The dam thing came out right on a trail looking at us. He spotted us but didn't know what we were. He walked to us and turned to talk into a shooting lane at 15 yards. I told him to draw but the thing saw him and turned and walked away. It was a little 4 pointer.

Thought that would be it then at 8:00 I spotted this guy and he was cruising right to our tree. He veered off and I stopped him at 7 yards quarter away. Kid put a perfect heart shot on him. I think I was more excited than he was. I have pretty good video up to the shot. We both had clear view of the deer but the tree was between us and the deer. I may have dropped an Fbomb in excitement so I need to edit it out before I post it.

iwl8yqM.jpg

1BPigEb.jpg

Walking out my older boy saw this he was only 40 yards away but on the wrong side of the fence.

ivzYZE6.jpg

Here is the video after I did my terribly rudimentary editing. I hate hearing my dorkyness on video and I had to edit out a F bomb hence why right after he shoots it the audio kicks out.

Still really enjoy the hell out of having a video camera on all my hunts. It is fun and adds something to it while it can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

[video=youtube;tLhDkI2QheI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLhDkI2QheI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back