Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Only a dolt does not know this

mfb99

Trump is threatening to pull federal funds for California wildfires claiming gross "mismanagement"

Let's see if the un-educatable can be educated.....

1) The Southern California fire is burning in chaparral scrub. The last time these were "forested" was when the native Americans broke off a few sticks to cook a rabbit or two. Only a dolt does not know this.

2) The Paradise City fire is burning in mixed conifer, deciduous and scrub. This is a heavy underbrush area. This is not logging country, unless you want to pay logging companies to clear scrub at a loss of profit. Have one of your sharp pencil guys go to Google Maps and print a picture of the area North of Paradise City. It is covered with clear cut forests areas. THAT is logging timber and that is done in California just like every were else. Only a dolt does not know this.

3) Giving more water to the central valley farmers will do nothing to prevent wildfires, there is no connection between these two issues. Wildfires are fought by air tankers using retardant, bulldozers making firebreaks, and most of all, lots of men and women using pulaski, shovel and rake. Only a dolt does not know this.

4) Wildfires are fought like a military operation. It is a multi-agency effort that requires resources, planning, skill, effort, courage and MONEY. California has one of the best wildfire operations in the country. Only a dolt does not know this.

5) Drought is the key component of the intensity and frequency of wildfires in the west (not just California) It is drought, drought, drought, drought! Twenty years ago, California did not burn like this, because they were not in perpetual drought. The forests were exactly the same then as they are now. The fire season is no longer a season, it is year round. Only a dolt does not know this.

6) California has the most complex water distribution system in the country, maybe in the world. They have dams, aqueducts, pump stations, reservoirs, massive piping, and even desalination. They are able to get good clean water to 40 million people AND still grow the most produce in the country. Only a dolt does not know this.

Lets get to the real reason for your post about "mismanagement". You got a shellacking in the election by all those namby-pamby liberals in California, right?

Ah, the true hard rock men and women of California, the climbers, mountainbikers, skiers, hunters, fishermen, endurance runners, kayaks, boaters, windsurfers, surfers, divers, prospecters, rockhounds, paragliders, hang gliders, 4 x 4 er's, dirt bike riders, horseback riders, land sailors, hikers, walkers and flower pickers. They ALL put the stick in your eye, right?

Only a dolt does not know this.

Cheers,

Mark

Ye Shall Be Free TO Roam....

Sitting at Bison Cafe. Ordered Huevos Con Papa's ... Good coffee.

IMG_20181110_090113.jpg

Thanks for the humorous start, Robomark. ;)

Congratulations on your first post without including Zinke! Let the gallery take note that progress has occurred.

Wish politicians would stick to what they know...whatever that is.

Obviously not anything to do with forest management, funding public land agencies, public land, or wildfires.

Wish politicians would stick to what they know...whatever that is.

Obviously not anything to do with forest management, funding public land agencies, public land, or wildfires.

The dolt is sticking to what he knows - nothing. And he has plenty of support.
A Sunday snivel............

I was going to respond, but I think I should get my gear ready for my fifth day on the hill. The fire is still burning and we may need to evacuate some remaining residents in the Big Bend Berry Creek area. If not on evacuations or looter patrol, perhaps I will answer some more welfare checks and look for bodies.
Never mind, I'll just keyboard warrior my political views.

Back