PEAX Equipment

Wyoming type 2 tags

Jayden12

Can you archery hunt a unit if you draw a late season type 2 tag?I have points for a certain unit I've been looking at for years.Id really like to go in archery 1st to learn the unit and use the late season rifle as a back up plan.Im also concerned about major snows in the late hunt that could shut me off to accessing it.My other option is to draw type 6 tag this year and learn the unit and draw type 1 in a year maybe 2.
Doubt I'll ever catch any of these units again starting from zero after I draw.Learned that after deer hunting 34 and a year later the points required almost doubled.So I'm nervous about using my points after alot of years waiting.The unit does have alot of private to work around.

I believe you can hunt the archery season but you have to buy an archery license in addition though. Personally I would get the type 6 cow tag to learn he area as they are cheaper than the type 2 tags, but be sure to look at the unit description for any restrictions on the tags ie. private land only

Look it up under the special archery season section of the regs. Some areas have restrictions on archery seasons and tag types.

Thanks I will look that up.I was aware of archery license.Ive bowhunted there 3x general tag

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back