Caribou Gear Tarp

Us house of representative vote on wolves nov 12th read this, send a message

cheeser

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

The U.S. House of Representatives scheduled a vote the week of November 12 on H.R. 6784, a bipartisan bill requiring the Secretary of the Interior to reissue final rules removing gray wolves from the threatened and endangered species list in Wyoming and the Great Lakes states, including Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. The bill would also prevent further judicial review of these rules.

Gray wolves have exceeded recovery goals in these states and no longer require federal protection. The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation maintains that state wildlife agencies are best to manage predator and prey populations through public hunting and other management tools in order to strike a balance for gray wolf and ungulate populations.

Take a moment to use the link below to contact your member of Congress and encourage a "yes" vote on H.R. 6784

Subject: Please vote "Yes" on H.R. 6784, the Manage our Wolves Act

I'm a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, a nonprofit conservation organization with over 227,000 members nationwide and a mission to ensure the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage. I'm writing to ask you to vote for H.R. 6784, the Manage our Wolves Act. The bill would require the Secretary of the Interior to reissue final rules removing gray wolves from federal protection in Wyoming, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Gray wolves have exceeded recovery goals in these states and no longer require federal protection. State wildlife agencies are best to manage predator and prey populations through public hunting and other management tools in order to strike a balance for gray wolf and ungulate populations.

Sincerely,

I think Congress Critters should stay out of such debates. It's WAY over their heads and this sort of politicization will come back to bite ya... BADLY.

I think Congress Critters should stay out of such debates. It's WAY over their heads and this sort of politicization will come back to bite ya... BADLY.

So how do you stop the Liberal Judges the antis find to overturn the proper management of species like wolves and grizzlies other than going this Congressional route?

So how do you stop the Liberal Judges the antis find to overturn the proper management of species like wolves and grizzlies other than going this Congressional route?

same way we do everything else. Afterall, there is a wolf season. There WILL be a grizzly season. But adding more unqualified, completely politically movitivated Congress Critters to the pot does nothing. What do you think will happen when the congress changes hands? We don't need hunting to become the political football that health care and immigrants and so many other things have become. What's the upside of that?

We don't need hunting to become the political football that health care and immigrants and so many other things have become.

I agree. This is a slippery slope I’d prefer to stay away from.

I agree. This is a slippery slope I’d prefer to stay away from.

In case neither of you are aware of it, this is nothing new and is the only reason that wolves are being hunted now in MT and ID after Congress overruled the Liberal Judges that had put them back on the ESA! I'd much rather not have Congress or the Courts making rulings on how wildlife is handled, but in this day and age it will continue to occur and at least if there are rulings in Congress there is a good chance that the majority, because of the number of people involved in voting, will overrule the few Liberal Judges that are stopping the proper management of our wildlife!

Last edited:
Then prepare to have more things like mountain lion hunting and bear hunting and everything else be politicized. There is a process, let it work.

Not all judges that oppose something you like are liberal. This particular one might be, but eventually, he will be overcome and the longterm goal of stable, managed hunting will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
just a point of order, there is not a hunting season allowed in minn, mich, wis

There will be, unless politicians get involved. If Minnesota is as liberal and anti-everything as most hunters claim, what odds do you think you have of making through the state legislature even if the feds approve? After all, the feds will not be in play after they vote wolves off the ESA.

If you like political fights, then wolves and grizzlies in federal and state congresses are your huckleberry. If you like hunting, then stay the hell out of those places every chance you get.

Last edited:
There will be, unless politicians get involved. If Minnesota is as liberal and anti-everything as most hunters claim, what odds do you think you have of making through the state legislature even if the feds approve? After all, the feds will not be in play after they vote wolves off the ESA.

If you like political fights, then wolves and grizzlies in federal and state congresses are your huckleberry. If you like hunting, then stay the hell out of those places every chance you get.

You obviously don't appear to understand how things work when the Congress gets involved with things like this with the comments you have made in this post. When Congress finally gets involved in something like this and votes on something like they did already regarding the wolf situation in ID and MT the ruling is normally written such that the courts and states can no linger get involved in trying to overturn that ruling. By standing by and doing nothing such as two of you are stating, how do either of you figure that anything will be done to reverse the trends that these Liberal Judges the antis seek out, find, and get what they want?

In case neither of you are aware of it, this is nothing new and is the only reason that wolves are being hunted now in MT and ID after Congress overruled the Liberal Judges that had put them back on the ESA! I'd much rather not have Congress or the Courts making rulings on how wildlife is handled, but in this day and age it will continue to occur and at least if there are rulings in Congress there is a good chance that the majority, because of the number of people involved in voting, will overrule the few Liberal Judges that are stopping the proper management of our wildlife!

I’m well aware of it, so you can save your condescending rants. If you think this is a good thing I’ve got ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

just a point of order, there is not a hunting season allowed in minn, mich, wis, sorry my original post didnt showup intially, disregard this one.

Last edited:
Note that Trump's new attorney general likes the idea of states overturning federal rulings. Good luck with that.

Most hunters want .gov OUT of hunting. Now you want it in? Which is it?

I’m well aware of it, so you can save your condescending rants. If you think this is a good thing I’ve got ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

MY posts are not condescending rants just because I disagree with you on this subject and you can stick your property where the sun don't shine!

Note that Trump's new attorney general likes the idea of states overturning federal rulings. Good luck with that.

Most hunters want .gov OUT of hunting. Now you want it in? Which is it?

I already posted that I'd rather not have the courts or politicians involved in wildlife decisions like this, but we are talking about the real world here and thinking that this type of thing is going to go away any time soon is just wishful thinking.

I already posted that I'd rather not have the courts or politicians involved in wildlife decisions like this, but we are talking about the real world here and thinking that this type of thing is going to go away any time soon is just wishful thinking.

Exactly, the real world will bite you in the ass in the long run, if you advocate this route.

In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter in the slightest what you or I think, so it will be what it will be, but I'll be opposed to getting congress involved.

so, we have 5 states agencies in favor of hunting wolves in their respective states being held hostage by one judge. 5 states worth of data and sound research that cannot compel one person to allow hunting. why shouldn't the politicians overrule one judge? our republic is checks and balances, so what is wrong with one branch passing an act specifically dealing with one species and bypassing a road block judge. i am guessing the RMEF has a better grasp of the politics of it than most of us. i trust them and their recommendation to back this bill.

so, we have 5 states agencies in favor of hunting wolves in their respective states being held hostage by one judge. 5 states worth of data and sound research that cannot compel one person to allow hunting. why shouldn't the politicians overrule one judge?

If you really have to ask, then I can't explain it to you.

Best of luck to you.

MY posts are not condescending rants just because I disagree with you on this subject and you can stick your property where the sun don't shine!

I never said your posts were condescending because you disagreed with me. your condescension, however is what makes your post condescending. Carry-on

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back