Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Western Hunting & Conservation Expo 2019 - Keynote Speaker Flop

The whole thing is a fundraising scam for SFW and Mule Deer Foundation (admittedly I don't outright oppose MDF). SFW (run by Don Peay) aligns itself with Chaffetz on so many levels

I haven't done much research but given that Chaffetz is involved and none of the companies I associate with conservation or public lands advocacy are sponsors I'm extremely leery.

Also WTF?

200 Utah premium, limited entry, and once-in-a-lifetime trophy hunting tags are available to any and all sportsmen (not on revocation) by public drawing for $5 per hunt unit application fee to those who apply and then validate their application in person at the Hunting Expo.* No person may apply on behalf of another.

5 Utah premium once-in-a-lifetime trophy tags will be made available for non-residents only, including 1 Desert Bighorn Sheep, 1 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, 1 Shiras Moose, 1 Mountain Goat and 1 Bison.*

I am very much in support of raffles, especially after listening to Randy and Steve's podcasts and learning about how much revenue they can generate for conservation. That said, unlike the RMBS raffles, which I support, the expo raffles feels like it's set up to provide a specific subset of people tags every year, maybe they have their reasons but excluding residents from the drawing and limiting applications to people who show up... seems like they are trying to make sure their little group gets premium tags and not generate as much money as possible for conservation.

Any Expo that is not smart enough to welcome in the surge in attendance that would be when lead by the elk foundation are too stupid to be anything more than an inbred self-serving group of shysters. Utah gets what it deserves when the sheep do not rise upon when screwed over this hard, this long.

For the first time in a few years I applied for some tags and planned on going and validating them because well.....this is the only other way to draw certain tags in this state. I put in for $120 worth of hunts a few days ago, saw this post, and called and withdrew my application and got a refund. Sad they are this bad. On the positive that weekend just opened up for shed hunting that weekend which will be more worth while anyway.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back