Right Place, Right Time

EYJONAS!

Went out this past weekend with the wife and kids to our family ranch. Looking to get my wife at least a shot at a deer or maybe turn up the occasional elk that passes through from time to time. After going out for a couple cruises with the family and not turning much up of anything worth taking we decided that we would hunt Saturday evening then probably calls it quits and head home. We decided to hit a spot that I had seen a decent buck at earlier in the day and wanted to see if we could maybe get a second look at him. Low and behold we pulled up and to our surprise a few elk had moved in after we hunted it that morning. Both my wife and myself made a quick sneak and sealed the deal on a couple bulls. Funny how things work out one minute there's not much and the next thing you know you've got a couple bulls down. It ain't over till it's over I guess. Not your typical backcountry, bust ass, elk hunt but hell I'll take a a couple bulls like this all day especially when you can get a bale loader to them.!:hump:
IMG952102.jpg

For some reason I can't load my picture but it is a nice little 5 point about like hers. You gotta take advantage of it when you can. Ive packed enough out on my back enough to know what I'm not missing.

Love those in a minute your hunting deals & even better when 2tags filled in an instant!!
Ya never know ....maybe I need a tractor to go with the windmill?

Take them as they come! I was out this Saturday and walked multiple miles on top of this ridge. Started following an old, unused logging road and ended up shooting a nice muley buck. when I got a good look around, I discovered I was within 300 yards of the main access road. Couldn't have planned it much better than that. First muley buck I've brought out whole in a while.

Great job and have fun butchering now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back