Bore sighters

Beaneater

What kind of boresights does everyone use? Are the laser any good? Thanks for the info.

Got one from Cabellas made by Leupold I believe.
Set of different cartrage cases it fits. Works excellent for getting on target.
I verify to zero.

If you deprime an empty case, and put it in the chamber you can see a more pinpoint area on the target by looking through the primer hole. Makes for a finer adjustment than seeing the whole target when you look through the bore.

If you deprime an empty case, and put it in the chamber you can see a more pinpoint area on the target by looking through the primer hole. Makes for a finer adjustment than seeing the whole target when you look through the bore.

That's a good idea I will be trying that!

I have a cheap BSA bore sight kit. It works, I always hit paper with the first round.

I use the laser on a flush magnet at end of muzzle - super easy. (eyes too old to use the old removed bolt trick)

Why bother? I just never saw the point in bore siting?

I have a site lite. Works well but almost more work then throwing a few round down the chamber

I write down the spot my rifle is zeroed at according to the bore sight so if I ever bump the scope I know where I should put it.

If you play with a bunch of different rifles and scopes it can be nice to skip the first 3-4 rounds getting on to paper. Certainly not a necessity, but my buddies who used to ask the same question all seem to come over and borrow mine these days. YMMV.

A really good rest/vise and the eyeball method has proved to be superior to any of the tech methods in my recent experiences.

The last two rifles I did the old way, carefully, were hunt ready as-is. I had to adjust 4 clicks on elevation at the range was all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back