Best rangefinder for hunting

Welcome to the forum! I run a Leupold, my only complaint is the dimmability. It’s pretty bright on the lowest setting for low light ranging. I’ve heard good things on the SIG.

I really like my Kilo 2000. I have ranged deer/antelope to nearly 800 with it. The only complaint that I have, is that the target circle is a bit too big. Better if it had a small circle, or a cross hair, but I would still buy another one. I have no experience with the new ones, but they range even farther.

I bought myself Leica rangefinder binos, a bit spendy, but I've been very impressed with both the binos and rangefinder capabilities. My son has a Sig rangefinder and it has been very impressive, very fast in scan mode and getting readings beyond its' stated capabilities. I also, have a Vortex Ranger 1500 for sale in the classifieds (shameless plug for my own sale ;)) that is a good rangefinder, but not as long reaching as my Leica or son's Sig.

Euro optics is where I was looking at the different Leica ones. Thoughts on the 2000-B vs 1600-R, differences?

I have a Leupy 1200i TBR DNA or whatever alphabet soup is on the box and I like it a lot.

I just picked up a new SIG kilo 1400BDX for $180 off ebay. It's only been on one hunt but so far it's all positive, it is super fast.

Sig Kilo 2200 is on sale at Cabelas for $400. I love mine. I've used the Leica and felt like my Sig was better (but I'm biased).

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back