Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer View Post
    Sadly we aren't permitted to take the meat home, but we had an 'in house cook!' we tasted the Elk and Muley tenderloins, absolutely delicious, the remainder of the meat was given to our Montanan friends and a couple of Canadians we bumped into who gave us some invaluable advice on where we could find Adam's mule deer.
    I wonder if you could get around the regs, I know the UK lets you bring in meat from the EU and Germany lets you bring in up to 20kg of fish from non EU countries. I wonder if you could have your return flight go through germany, have your deer vaccum sealed in the US and declare it as salmon. That said the last thing I would want to do would be the vector of CWD into the UK.

I brought back a bunch of fish from Iceland in my carry on and never had an issue so I wonder if you could bring red stag steaks back to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
    Richard,
    You figure out a way to make it back to the states and I will set you up with a rifle and any other gear you might need for a Wyoming Antelope hunt. I am sure our wives could find plenty of things to do around Jackson Hole and Yellowstone to keep them busy for a few days while we head to the high desert. Though that idea might cost us a few bucks.
    I will let my wife get used to having me back home, getting under feet, and driving her nuts, then I will broach the subject, I reckon she will be up for it, thanks for the offer, if nothing else it would be great to meet you again.

Quote Originally Posted by wllm1313 View Post
    I wonder if you could get around the regs, I know the UK lets you bring in meat from the EU and Germany lets you bring in up to 20kg of fish from non EU countries. I wonder if you could have your return flight go through germany, have your deer vaccum sealed in the US and declare it as salmon. That said the last thing I would want to do would be the vector of CWD into the UK.

I brought back a bunch of fish from Iceland in my carry on and never had an issue so I wonder if you could bring red stag steaks back to the US.
    It's not worth the risk, and getting meat from the UK to the US is even harder, you have really tough regs.

Cheers

Richard
    That's what the actress said to the bishop

Fantastic hunt, Richard What an enjoyable time with friends!
    'yotes, deer and elk... Nice work to your friends as well!
    Grats on slingling that partition on target.
    Question, Did you need just the ATF Form 6NIA or did you need an ITN # as well for your firearms?

Grats again!
    Last edited by Sytes; 11-08-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytes View Post
    Fantastic hunt, Richard What an enjoyable time with friends!
    'yotes, deer and elk... Nice work to your friends as well!
    Grats on slingling that partition on target.
    Question, Did you need just the ATF Form 6NIA or did you need an ITN # as well for your firearms?

Grats again!
    Just the form 6, which they actually asked for this time.

Oh, and I went out yesterday, got a Fallow doe yesterday and this roe doe this morning
    Cheers
    RichardName:  IMG_20181109_074604165.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  86.5 KB
    That's what the actress said to the bishop

Sounds like you just may be coming back again after all! Antelope are another one of those critters on my list that I still want to cross off. I would love to have a nice mount for the wall. The colors are beautiful. Guess I'll settle for my whitetails around here. No luck with my bow so far but gun season rolls around weekend after this. Time to put some meat in the freezer!
    Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do!

Congrats to all of you on a successful journey to MT! And I would suggest the antelope as well, very beautiful and tasty animals!
    Matt
    2018 BAA World Champion ARCHERY CENTRAL
    Death Harp Bowstrings -- Onestringer arrow wraps
    Facebook Team Slayer<------- Click here
    IDAHO BOWFISHING ASSOCIATION - President

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12