Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer View Post
    Sadly we aren't permitted to take the meat home, but we had an 'in house cook!' we tasted the Elk and Muley tenderloins, absolutely delicious, the remainder of the meat was given to our Montanan friends and a couple of Canadians we bumped into who gave us some invaluable advice on where we could find Adam's mule deer.
    I wonder if you could get around the regs, I know the UK lets you bring in meat from the EU and Germany lets you bring in up to 20kg of fish from non EU countries. I wonder if you could have your return flight go through germany, have your deer vaccum sealed in the US and declare it as salmon. That said the last thing I would want to do would be the vector of CWD into the UK.

I brought back a bunch of fish from Iceland in my carry on and never had an issue so I wonder if you could bring red stag steaks back to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
    Richard,
    You figure out a way to make it back to the states and I will set you up with a rifle and any other gear you might need for a Wyoming Antelope hunt. I am sure our wives could find plenty of things to do around Jackson Hole and Yellowstone to keep them busy for a few days while we head to the high desert. Though that idea might cost us a few bucks.
    I will let my wife get used to having me back home, getting under feet, and driving her nuts, then I will broach the subject, I reckon she will be up for it, thanks for the offer, if nothing else it would be great to meet you again.

Quote Originally Posted by wllm1313 View Post
    I wonder if you could get around the regs, I know the UK lets you bring in meat from the EU and Germany lets you bring in up to 20kg of fish from non EU countries. I wonder if you could have your return flight go through germany, have your deer vaccum sealed in the US and declare it as salmon. That said the last thing I would want to do would be the vector of CWD into the UK.

I brought back a bunch of fish from Iceland in my carry on and never had an issue so I wonder if you could bring red stag steaks back to the US.
    It's not worth the risk, and getting meat from the UK to the US is even harder, you have really tough regs.

Cheers

Richard
    That's what the actress said to the bishop

Fantastic hunt, Richard What an enjoyable time with friends!
    'yotes, deer and elk... Nice work to your friends as well!
    Grats on slingling that partition on target.
    Question, Did you need just the ATF Form 6NIA or did you need an ITN # as well for your firearms?

Grats again!
    Last edited by Sytes; 11-08-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytes View Post
    Fantastic hunt, Richard What an enjoyable time with friends!
    'yotes, deer and elk... Nice work to your friends as well!
    Grats on slingling that partition on target.
    Question, Did you need just the ATF Form 6NIA or did you need an ITN # as well for your firearms?

Grats again!
    Just the form 6, which they actually asked for this time.

Oh, and I went out yesterday, got a Fallow doe yesterday and this roe doe this morning
    Cheers
    Richard

Name:  IMG_20181109_074604165.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  86.5 KB

Sounds like you just may be coming back again after all! Antelope are another one of those critters on my list that I still want to cross off. I would love to have a nice mount for the wall. The colors are beautiful. Guess I'll settle for my whitetails around here. No luck with my bow so far but gun season rolls around weekend after this. Time to put some meat in the freezer!
    Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do!

Congrats to all of you on a successful journey to MT! And I would suggest the antelope as well, very beautiful and tasty animals!
    Matt
    2018 BAA World Champion ARCHERY CENTRAL
    Death Harp Bowstrings -- Onestringer arrow wraps
    Facebook Team Slayer<------- Click here
    IDAHO BOWFISHING ASSOCIATION - President

Got another Elk (English version!) And no I'm not saying where!
    Name:  IMG_20181119_165912386.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  83.0 KB
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer View Post
    Got another Elk (English version!) And no I'm not saying where!
    Name:  IMG_20181119_165912386.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  83.0 KB
    Cheers
    Richard
    Congratulations Richard. But your picture shows us all where you got it, right behind the shoulder.

Nice! What the weight?

Atta boy! You're doing better than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
    Congratulations Richard. But your picture shows us all where you got it, right behind the shoulder.
    Damn it, you are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by brymoore View Post
    Nice! What the weight?
    I just got back from the game dealer, just a small one, 183lb 'butchers weight', 2 others with it at the time but not safe shots. Not too bad getting it back to the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave N View Post
    Atta boy! You're doing better than I am.
    Keep at it Dave, make sure you update us when you get one.

Cheers

Richard

I'm not going to starve. Shot a coyote Saturday morning followed by a young 6 point whitetail 5 minutes later. Brought the deer home, left the coyote! During the extraction my ATV crapped out on me and decided it wasn't going to stay running. Managed to get my deer winched up from the ravine and drug it out, leaving my ATV overnight until I had help to winch it up and drag it to my truck. No more hunting until it's running again. 2 tags to fill yet.

Good to see you guys come over and be successful! Makes Indiana seem like a hop, skip, and a jump from MT!

14. Default

Heck of an adventure. Well done, sir.
    They Can't Tell me "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"....Because I Was.

Always enjoy reading accounts of your Montana hunts. And enjoy the short bits of time we get to visit when you are here. Great job by all of you.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Thanks Randy. Also singing your praises on the English version of this site called the Stalking Directory. You may see some more if us come over and experiencing your fabulous country.

Adam
    AKA Big ears!

Thanks chaps.

I agree Randy, when your Llama took a dislike to my mates Llama, and the tightening rope almost sending you into orbit will be a sight that will remain with me for a long time!

Cheers

Richard

Finally got around to making sausage from Aleks' and Stephen's deer!
    13 lbs. Spicy Chorizo
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_64a.jpeg
Views: 96
Size:  115.2 KB

12 lbs. Hot Italian
    Name:  IMG_5300.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  115.8 KB

Glad I was able to spend time and meet you guys this season. Looking forward to the next time we meet up.
    Levi
    Last edited by el unit; 11-24-2018 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added stuff
    I've been to a town, Del.

That looks yummy!
    I add chorizo sausage to the venison, put it through the grinder and then make sausages, do you do the same?
    The hot Italian looks interesting!

Likewise great meeting you and your wife, I did say I wouldn't be back hunting in Montana, maybe just a fly fishing trip and bring the wife, but in truth I am already eager to get back, it won't be in 2019....but 2020 looks promising, or maybe 2021 (if I'm not too old!) as Adam (Big Ears) wants to return with his son.
    You only live once, maybe, as mentioned before Wyoming with Sawtooth?
    But, I have been lucky, 4 visits, 2 Elk and several deer, however I have learnt so much, and I want to explore the wilderness beyond where I shot my most recent Elk, no roads and it looks stunning!
    But without a hunting partner like Adam I wouldn't risk it, it's well back there!
    In conclusion, I would not rifle hunt opener, I see more after the craziness subsides, and wait for the deer to rut.
    Maybe see you again el unit, your helpfulness and hospitality won't be forgotten, maybe see you both in England one day?
    Cheers
    Richard

Richard- I found a recipe online for making the Chorizo and Italian sausage. They taste excellent! Let me know if you want the recipes and I'll post em up.
    Should you, or any of your hunting party, find yourself hunting in WY/MT the next few years, let me know. Aleks and Stephen left their bear sprays (2) and backpacker stove fuel canisters (4) here. They are marked yours for when you guys return- let me know and I'll bring them to you where you are hunting.
    In regards to future MT elk hunt and timing, the locals have been hauling the elk out past our house lately on the main trailhead- 2 cows and 2 bulls in 2 days. Waiting until later in the season might be a good idea.
    My wife reminds me every week about your kind offer to visit you in the UK. We'll get the ball rolling one of these days...
    Thanks again!
    Levi

Quote Originally Posted by el unit View Post
    My wife reminds me every week about your kind offer to visit you in the UK.
    Levi
    There are plenty of things to see over there. Just the old architecture is amazing enough! Thinking about how much work went into some of the buildings and then compare that to what we have here in the states, you can't help but say "wow". Tour some castles. Drive some back roads (carriageways, if I remember right). Lots of the smaller villages are like stepping back in time a ways. We even walked through a couple small cemeteries. Seeing dates on headstones from before the U.S. even existed was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave N View Post
    There are plenty of things to see over there. Just the old architecture is amazing enough! Thinking about how much work went into some of the buildings and then compare that to what we have here in the states, you can't help but say "wow". Tour some castles. Drive some back roads (carriageways, if I remember right). Lots of the smaller villages are like stepping back in time a ways. We even walked through a couple small cemeteries. Seeing dates on headstones from before the U.S. even existed was pretty cool.
    Yes! Passport renewal process should be completed by end of year.

Richard,
    I have a .243 and a .308 win. that are waiting for you to use on a Wyoming antelope. Just give me the word and I will start buying points for Wyoming?

You guys did very well!! Congrats!!!

Congrats on a nice hunt! Glad you guys were successful and had a good time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast