Mystery Ranch Mule

SG25

Good evening everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with the Mystery Ranch Mule? I've seen a couple posts of people having them, but no one says how they like them. I am an Eastern whitetail hunter that just recently relocated to Central California(not by choice lol). I went up to Eastern Oregon elk hunting with a buddy for 8 days in September and fell in love. The entire time I had a backpack with all of my essentials with room to spare so I was looking at the Mule to do that purpose yet also haul out meat. I am planning on doing more similar hunts out of state for elk, antelope, and deer. I was looking at the Metcalf but don't think I need that much room seeing as I would go back to camp every day and do not plan on doing any long backpacking hunts. If anyone has any experience with the mule, I would love to hear all about it. Thanks!

Good evening everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with the Mystery Ranch Mule? I've seen a couple posts of people having them, but no one says how they like them. I am an Eastern whitetail hunter that just recently relocated to Central California(not by choice lol). I went up to Eastern Oregon elk hunting with a buddy for 8 days in September and fell in love. The entire time I had a backpack with all of my essentials with room to spare so I was looking at the Mule to do that purpose yet also haul out meat. I am planning on doing more similar hunts out of state for elk, antelope, and deer. I was looking at the Metcalf but don't think I need that much room seeing as I would go back to camp every day and do not plan on doing any long backpacking hunts. If anyone has any experience with the mule, I would love to hear all about it. Thanks!

This fall my son-in-law and I went day hunting with a pair of MR packs, I had Pintler, he had Mule. Given big weather changes we experienced it was nice to have a the extra room of the Pintler - the mule seemed a little tight.

Between the two is what I have....the Cabinet. It is basically the Mule but with two large side pods. Check it out, I love mine. Incredibly comfy and plenty of room for a couple of days if you need to.

I bought the mule trying to save a little money and I really like it...but it is a little small. Its perfectly fine as a daypack but personally, I wish i would have sprung for the Pintler.

Between the two is what I have....the Cabinet. It is basically the Mule but with two large side pods. Check it out, I love mine. Incredibly comfy and plenty of room for a couple of days if you need to.

I was looking at the cabinet too, but not sure if I’m a fan of the layout of it. Unless I’m looking at it all wrong it looks to me like the side pods hold a decent amount but the space in the middle is open. Dont the items you put in the middle fall out or have the ability to fall out? Unless you put it in some other kind of bag?

I wish I could get my hands on one to see them in person but all of the places that carry them are quite a few hours from me. How small are we talking here Kenton? I like the Pintler and don’t have an issue spending the money on quality gear I just was figuring if I’m doing day hunts I don’t need all of the extra room. I guess it’s better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I currently have the Pintler and love it! But... now that Im back east hunting whitetails out of ground blinds and tree stands I am looking for a smaller pack. I also think the Mule might be the best option but I havent been to a retail store that sells them yet. Maybe a black friday sale will pop-up for the bag only. Figure the Mule (with maybe a wet rib on it as I already want one for my pintler when I use it as a normal hiking pack) LOOKS like it is going to be the Goldy Locks solution. Kill kit, rain gear, extra warm layer, OhSh!t kit, snacks, lunch, and a book are my usual day back items. Add in 50' of good rope and a pulley for black bear and hog retrieval (just got to get it to the trail then the quad does the rest of the work thankfully).
I assume that the Mule is hydration bladder compatable as well but have never actually looked...
-Pilsner

Back