Montana Antelope With 1877 Sharps

Love shooting my dad's old 30-30 with open sights. ONE PROBLEM... as I got older the vision went and I just can't do it anymore. Glad that you still have good vision.

good luck to all
the dog

That’s almost as cool as anything I can imagine. Nice job, beautiful rifle.

Love shooting my dad's old 30-30 with open sights. ONE PROBLEM... as I got older the vision went and I just can't do it anymore. Glad that you still have good vision.

good luck to all
the dog

The rear sight is a Montana Vintage Arms mid-range Soule sight. I have them on both my competition rifle and the 1877. They are precision sights with absolute micrometer settings to adjust and bring the sight settings back to zero. The near sight has the adjustable peep and large eyecup for shooting competition under different circumstances and be able to adjust the size of the rear peep while you are on the firing line.

The sight on the 1877 is the same, but it just has the standard eyepiece, which is what I use for hunting. The base of these sights have the adjustment to allow for windage in precise micrometer settings to allow for perfect repeatability. The staff is similarly marked. The front sight is a globe with replaceable inserts for different shooting circumstances and has over a dozen inserts that can be easily changed....

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back