Great Falls taxidermy

Shawn Dawson and Mark Smart are both very, very good. There's another kid in Black Eagle, can't remember his name, but I have a friend who speaks very highly of him.

Rodgers taxidermy in Black Eagle is very good, but it is on the expensive end. Shawn Dawson is good as well.

I used Shawn Dawson for a mountain goat pedestal. Happy with results and turn-around time.

Mark Smart did a pronghorn each for my parents, good work but holy cow is the wait time long. Exceptionally nice guy and a real pro.

We use Rodgers in Black Eagle exclusively now though, Katie and Brannen do an exceptional job, quick turn around and reasonable prices. She has many awards to her credit and a real eye for detail. Many times they have antelope taken the first week of the season done by Christmas. They do their own in house tanning so that speeds up their time greatly, so dont think quick means cutting corners. They've done close to a dozen for my out of state family that come hunt here, including shipping. Prices seem to be about in line with anyone else, certainly not out of the ordinary i don't think. Tell them Brandon and Katie from Ulm sent ya!

Last edited:
Aspen Grove Taxidermy in Vaughn has done some heads for me and a Bear rug. They all turned out great. Call Dan Clarke @ 406-964-1062. He has a fast turn around and good prices.

Dan

A little farther east of Great Falls, but in Lewistown Judith River Taxidermy. Dave Saunders. He’s an excellent taxidermist! I’ve used him many times!

Shawn Dawson/Timberland taxidermy did my sheep. He does amazing work and is a great guy. Had my sheep with pedestal back to me in a little more than 6 months, I paid upfront. My dad has used Mark Smart to do a mount years ago and he does great work but I have also heard that wait times are quite long.

Back