Non Hunting related Dad brag!!!!

SFC B

The Hunting Princess is a freshman in HS this year. She decided at the end of last year that she wanted to join the Color Guard with the band here at Air Academy HS. She had a bit of a rocky start to the year as there was a change in band director after last year ( a good thing as the last guy was "special" to say the least) and she was not contacted for preseason camps and practice. At the start of the school year she had to play catch up and has worked her butt off. The band here is great and has had a lot of success. It is a strange world to me. My only exposure to the band in HS was passing them as we headed to the locker room at half time.

Well today they competed in the state championship in the USAFA Stadium (pretty convenient for us as her HS is also on the Academy grounds). The weather was cold and blustery with a near white-out snow squall thrown in for good measure. The kids did a great job, as did many other schools and we sat through the snow to hear what we hoped for .......STATE CHAMPIONS!!!! Congratulations to the Air Academy Kadets!!!!

Congrats to her. Band is a great character builder and a good way to earn a scholarship. I played and marched in one of the best in 4A way back when in Texas. I'll never forget the experiences and have those friends for life.

Very fantastic! Grats to your daughter and her team... and to a proud pops! Very good stuff, dad!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back