Question on Savage 223 rem 11 wood lady hunter 20"

MQH

Hello, can anyone tell me about this firearm, SAVAGE 223 REM 11 WOOD LADY HUNTER 20"? I am looking to purchase one and heard the model is discontinued. Anyone know why it was discontinued? I am 5'2 and wondering if this firearm is a good fit or should I go for with the youth model, Weatherby VANGUARD S2 YOUTH 223REM SYN Rifle. Appreciated your input.

I think slow sales probably hindered the Lady Hunter--if they would've marketed the rifle in a more unisex fashion, they probably would still be making it. Either one would probably suit your needs as far as fit, but I guess more importantly, what are you trying to accomplish with this rifle? What are you pursuing as far as game animals?

I have a Savage Lightweight Hunter in 260REM, wood stock, love this rifle. I've handled the Lady Hunter, almost bought one for my wife (I would have shot it far more than her). The length of pull is noticeably shorter than the Lightweight Hunter, which sounds like what you're looking for. I've owned many Savage rifles and they have all been very accurate. If the caliber is what you're looking for, I'd say buy it.

My wife has the lady hunter in 6.5 cm. She likes it a lot. It is accurate and a peach to handle. The only complaint is the stupid plastic mag. The gun is designed proportionally for women with a nice high cheek piece. Actually had thought of getting her a 223 for a nice practice gun. Didnt know they were discontinued.

I am not a hunter. I picked this model because of its reviews and designed for women, and lighter in weight. I wanted a bolt-action 223.
I handled my friend's Howa Ranch 223 and it's definitely a little heavy and too long for me.

I would probably suggest one of 2 options.
1) find a Lady Hunter on Gunbroker
2) find another rifle and put a Boyds AT1 stock on it.

i don't know if this would help, but a friend of mine was looking for a particular rifle Savage made, but couldn't find one anywhere, Savage ended up having one leftover in stock, might be a call to Savage's customer service.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back