OnX maps on your video display in Truck

88man

Can you run onx maps on your trucks screen. Trying to sync to a Ford F 150 with Sync 3. Many other apps appear and run however can't seem to get onx to sync. Advice? Info?

I actually have it on a 10inch tablet that i have attached with the phone magnets. Really handy for run and gun stuff

I actually have it on a 10inch tablet that i have attached with the phone magnets. Really handy for run and gun stuff

What tablet do you use for this? Do you have to pay for a phone subscription to have it work? I was looking into this previously, but it seemed like most of the tablets don't have the GPS functionality required.

What tablet do you use for this? Do you have to pay for a phone subscription to have it work? I was looking into this previously, but it seemed like most of the tablets don't have the GPS functionality required.

Samsung Tab A. No service to it, but gps works.

I contacted OnX last year about this and it wont work with the factory nav (at least in my ford.) A friend of mine runs his chip in a garmin nuvi type screen and works very well. Tablet is a great idea for the digital version!

Both CarPlay and Android Car support 3rd Party Nav Apps. Adding support for these AND most importantly adding some type of multi-grid batch download mode need to be on the ONX 2019 roadmap!

I have a Samsung tablet sitting around this is an awesome idea which I never thought of I can't wait to set that up for next year

I realize this thread is old, but it looks like this feature might be added for this spring? OnX has a masterclass on April 11 (2023) to talk about the new features and the headline shows it on a truck display. That will be awesome if that is the case.IMG_1120.JPG

i have it working on my truck. You have to be careful or you will be watching it when you should be watching the road! It will be nice this fall, that is for sure!

Now how do I turn off all the popups trying to sell me Elite and other stuff? Notifications seem to be turned off.

It's useless if the popups cover the map.
If you can send us a DM with the email address associated with your onX account, I can get in touch with the folks who run those notifications and see what we can do to get them turned off for you.

Back