Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Dems Say ND Hunters Who Vote May Lose Liscense

Another example of the "anything to win" mentality of politics in our country. I'll admit it's a new low but not surprising. I hope she gets smoked in this election.

Bizarre. Do they mean transient workers make themselves ND residents by voting there? That would mean you were then a non-resident in your home state.

Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

Nothing about that makes sense to me...but if you read it on the net it must be true.

I think it's rather obvious. Those who hunt, tend to be more conservative. The ads were placed to discourage conservatives from showing up to vote.

Bizarre. Do they mean transient workers make themselves ND residents by voting there? That would mean you were then a non-resident in your home state.

There is a massive amount of residency fraud that occurs in western North Dakota, regarding taxes, vehicle registration, hunting licenses, etc. I highly doubt voting would actually trigger any consequences, but that doesn't mean it's not illegal.

That's really low. I hope that ad keeps getting thrown in their faces every time they whine about voter turnout. I'm sure they'll say it was intended for people who moved recently, military, students, and/or long-term workers, so they will not technically fall afoul of the law. Montana requires a person claiming residency "–– be registered to vote in Montana if you’re registered to vote at all;", but almost everyone in Montana votes by mail anyway. The only license that would be in jeopardy in that case is a resident license in another state. If you're registering to vote in North Dakota, you are claiming residency there. So it's not voting, but license fraud that will cost you your out of state resident license.

But yes, hunters tend toward the conservative, so it's a bonus for the Dems if they can confuse the issue and scare hunters away from voting. Certainly very few hunters would ever vote for Heitcamp. If you follow the link, which most people will not (I never, ever follow a "bit.ly" link, as there is no telling where it's going), I'm sure there is some densely worded explanation that nobody but a lawyer could read, but the damage is already done.

^^Agree with scubohuntr, the title should be:

"NR of ND vote absentee in your own state, if you try to vote here it will change your residency status and could among other things effect your hunting privileges in your home state"

ND has a lot of oil field workers that come into work from out of state. Likely target of Democrat campaign. Looks like hail Mary time in North Dakota.

^^Agree with scubohuntr, the title should be:

"NR of ND vote absentee in your own state, if you try to vote here it will change your residency status and could among other things effect your hunting privileges in your home state"

Could also read, “Dems are Anti-Hunter”, but I was giving them a slight benefit of the doubt. Why not say, “Illegal Voters Could Be Prosecuted”?

Would this work on anyone you think should be voting? Both parties try to influence voter demographics
Filed under - yawn

Back