Copper projectile options

I've learned quickly that just because a box of ammo or bullets shoots great for one gun, that doesn't mean it'll shoot great for another gun; even of the same make/model. You'll inevitably need to work up a bullet/load that works for you. I wish you the best of luck with it.

I really want to develop a good load with the hammers, but I'm a cheap bastard, already have a bunch of TTSXs, and the TTSXs shoot perfectly fine for me and the 2 rifles. Maybe some day when the kids are out of the house I'll have more time to tinker.

Thanks for the advice gents, I'll look into what's available. I think hammer and cutting edge are going to be nigh on impossible to source so it's a matter of which of the others I use. I might even do the 3 1/2 hr drive to melbourne when I have free time and see what those shops stock. The local gunshop told me the other day they don't stock coppers because I'm the only one in town that uses them.

E-tips, TTSX, TSX and GMX are swaged which means they are a harder copper than Hammer and Cutting Edge. Hammer and Cutting Edge are made on a CNC machine which means they can use a softer copper.

E-tips, TTSX, etc. need at least 1900fps to reliably expand....the CNC machined bullets will "open" ie fracture at 1500fps so they would be my choice for longer range hunting (over 500yards) from most rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back