R.I.P Bernie

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you personally knew Bernie Kuntz. Some of you knew him through the TV episodes. Some of you knew him through his posts here on Hunt Talk.

I'm in elk camp and just got news that Bernie died on Sunday after a long bout with lymphoma. Always the consumate Marine, Bernie carried forward with no complaints, always finding time to call for an update of our hunting travels.

I admire Bernie's commitment to the country he loved so dearly, volunteering for two tours in Vietnam. His loud belly laugh was infectious, and will be missed.

Link here to our last hunt together before his health started its unmerciful grip. The following year he did manage to cash in his Nevada desert big horn points, taking a ram that completed his second Grand Slam, remarkably accomplished by a working person who made hunting adventure his highest financial priority.

Until the next camp together, thanks for your friendship, Bernie.

[video=youtube_share;SFlX2w9zOTA]https://youtu.be/SFlX2w9zOTA[/video]

Sorry for your loss Randy; great friends are some of the greatest gifts we ever get blessed with... sounds like you had a good one

Damn, sorry to hear Randy. From the podcast he did with you he sounded like an incredible person to spend time around.

He was a hell of a sportsman, wrote many pieces on hunting and fishing and had a genuine concern about things outdoors, loved off color jokes, and made me laugh many times.
Lived a big life. If ya knew Bernie, you liked him.
Hope he's roaming sheep country in his C.W. Russell boots, smoking a cigar, carrying a fine Winchester or Weatherby, and smiling.................

I am raising a glass to Bernie as I write this. Lymphoma took my mama when I was 15 and I know what a crappy enenmy it is. I hope to meet Bernie in the Great Hall and swap some stories. Til Valhalla!!

Remember him from the T.V.episodes.R.I.P. See you in the great hunting grounds in the sky.:cool:

You were both fortunate to have been friends with each other.

He will be greatly missed

Life... Live to work or work to live. Sounds like a gent who made work fulfill his love of the hunt.

May he rest in peace.

He was a hell of a sportsman, wrote many pieces on hunting and fishing and had a genuine concern about things outdoors, loved off color jokes, and made me laugh many times.
Lived a big life. If ya knew Bernie, you liked him.
Hope he's roaming sheep country in his C.W. Russell boots, smoking a cigar, carrying a fine Winchester or Weatherby, and smiling.................
m

You summed it up perfectly. God bless you Bernie, you were one of a kind and my life was richer having known you.

Randy, thank you for sharing who Bernie was to you. I wish I had known him. Sounds like he had a life well lived. That’s all we can hope for and it seems like he did that.

We remember!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back