Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Snow camo recommendations?

Paul in Idaho

I'm planning to try a late season archery deer hunt again this year. The unit is mostly open sage hills, and it likely will have snow on the ground. I am looking for an outer layer for snow camouflage. I expect to be crawling through sagebrush, so need something that would not be too loose and get caught on brush.

I'd prefer non-insulated since I have a good layering system already, and have been on this hunt in the past where the south-facing hills have been bare. Being able to stash the snow camo in my pack would be helpful. Items like this are sometimes sold as 'cover ups' or a similar term.

Is there a brand you have used with success?

Thanks.

I think you would be fine with Sitka, Kuiu, FL all of their patterns work fine with snow... in MHO

I use Tyvek suits for pred hunting in winter. For the price, you really can't beat them. Put them over regular hunting clothes and you're good to go. At the end of the season, toss it. I think they are like $15 at Home Depot.

I do have a set of snow camo proper, it has trees broken up on it. I have found the tyvek to be more suited.

Thanks all for your input. I have used tyvek painter's suits for goose hunting too, but found it shredded quickly in brush when I tried it for big game.

+3 on natural gear snow camo, have had mine for years and have been great for duck hunting.

I got some covers from Cabelas a few years ago. They're a little baggy, but I bought them big for layering. My only complaint is that the pants only have a draw string at the waist, and I imagine that wouldn't be great for long hikes.

I found a sale on King's Camo snow coverups and bought a set. They arrived yesterday. I think the pattern will be a good match for sage country. The fabric is a bit noisy and the stitching could be better, but for the price it seems adequate. I'll just have to figure out how to keep the left sleeve wrapped tight to my arm so it doesn't get in the way of the bowstring.

If it doesn't hold up to use, I'll be looking into the Natural Gear next season.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back