Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Another WY Antelope

OhHeyThereBen

After busting our hind ends and putting on a bunch of miles in the truck and on foot, we finally found this guy on a small patch of BLM and my buddy was able to get it done. We filled our one buck tag and my doe tag, and the group ended up not filling two doe tags total. We now realize why unit 21 tags are easy to draw :) It was a fun, yet exhausting trip, that ended with what I think is a pretty solid buck for the unit.

Antelope 2.jpg
Antelope 1.jpg

This was literally a tiny BLM patch in the middle of a rancher's land that a road happened to go through. While quartering the antelope the rancher drove out and I was really worried that he was going to be gruff about it. It turns out that he played college football on a team that me and my two buddies played against and we hit it off. He came over, verified that we were on BLM, and we had a great conversation. After reading a bunch of bad things about ranchers on here I was so refreshed to meet such a great guy. I could see that he would've been upset if we did something incorrectly, but it turned into a great meeting.

Last edited:
Congratulations on a fine looking buck and the doe! There's something about antelope that, in my opinion, makes them one of the best looking critters on earth.

Congratulations on a fun looking hunt. Now after I fill my ND deer tag we have to get together and get you on some roosters.

Well, done on the map reading and persistence! Solid buck for sure! And refreshing to hear that you had a good encounter with a local rancher.

Appreciated guys! I was coming into the hunt with a bit more optimism about the unit, but am glad that we were able to get that buck on the ground. The remainder of our alcohol was consumed in celebration while nibbling on tendies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back