Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado Governor Race

utahminer

I'm new to Colorado and still getting up to speed on local politics. I have read through BHA Q&A with both candidates, but would still appreciate some insight from my other HTers. I do feel like Polis spent more time thinking as a sportsman and Stapleton is throwing all outdoor recreation in the same bucket. Please let me know your thoughts.

They both stink. Polis may be better for the environment and for public land.

Vote for Polis if you like Denver/Boulder politics...

That is the straight truth. He is a sleaze ball who changed his name to run for office to avoid being associated with the physical assault he committed on a female employee. He is CRAZY big-tax, big-liberal from Boulderfornia. DON'T fall for the okie doke. The bad part is that the way the population is(or is about to be) tilted we are all going to be hammered by liberal triumvirate of Boulder-Denver-FtCo. I just don't understand why liberals want to move away from the crappy, disgusting situations (YES I'm mainly talking about California) and then try to do the same stuff here?

I lost all respect for Hickenlooper when he gave Nathan Dunlap a reprieve from death row.

He is a sleaze ball who changed his name to run for office to avoid being associated with the physical assault he committed on a female employee.
Flagrant lie by Republican PAC. Disproven by law enforcement reports, district court files. the very Republican CO Springs Sentinel paper. What-if-any integrity the Stapleton campaign had vanished w this desperate ploy. No assault occurred, Polis was never charged, the employee pled guilty to theft. But don't take my word for it:

https://apnews.com/5038884ceb3a4fdeb4bccd9a1620e210

Flagrant lie by Republican PAC. Disproven by law enforcement reports, district court files. the very Republican CO Springs Sentinel paper. What-if-any integrity the Stapleton campaign had vanished w this desperate ploy. No assault occurred, Polis was never charged, the employee pled guilty to theft. But don't take my word for it:

From your AP story: The police report stated that bruise marks on Hughes’ left arm “were not conducive with Mr. Schutz’s statement that he pushed her shoulders. Nor were they conducive with Ms. Hughes’ statement of Mr. Schutz standing in front of her and grabbing her.”

Weird, he pushed her shoulders but her arms ended up bruised? And why did he have to change his name before getting into politics? Yeah, his story sounds legit though...

Regardless, everyone saw the ridiculous campaign commercial where Polis is on the baseball diamond showing off his 'skills' and trying to connect with us commoners. My 6-year-old daughter throws a ball better than he does, he'd lose my vote only on the account of that insulting TV spot.

So. Don't vote for Polis and dont vote for Stapleton.... Got it!!

So he changed his name to distance himself from something he DIDN'T do? Even in HIS side of the story he physically pushed (that IS a battery even if the Boulderfornia DAs didn't file) and attempted to unlawfully detain the woman. Add to that the fact that she is not here to describe the incident. Pretty convenient discrediting a dead woman. Check out what non-partisan people have to say about his idiotic ideas with regard to healthcare and taxation. The very fact that he was elected by a district that includes Boulder is proof positive he is to be avoided at all cost. He is a silver spoon Boulder liberal through and through...born there and then exclusive private HS in Southern California.....college on the East Coast (Princeton) and a member of the Gang of Four showering money on all causes liberal. He is an elitist, left wing, gay activist who wants nothing more than to get rid of traditional Colorado.

Yeah, we're going to have a tough row to hoe here in CO for a while...

I've heard 2 radio interviews with the Gov elect now. One thing for certain, he's a polished politician. He did state he didn't run on signing an AW ban, but would sign a red flag law if it made sense. Only a brief mention of public lands, but use for everyone(all types of recreation) was mentioned.

Gonna have to keep a close eye on this upcoming legislature, even more so than Hick's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back