Anyone have experience with the Maven C.3 12x50?

bowhuntmontana

I may be in the market for a new set of binos. I am not up for dropping more than $500 on glass. I spend most of my glassing time with my binos on a tripod, moving from glassing point to glassing point. I have been running a 10+ year old set of Leupold Cascades 10x42's and have really enjoyed them. But I am interested in exploring the 12x50 world. I vastly prefer glassing with binos on a tripod vs using and carrying a spotter, so a bump up in glass could be beneficial. That being said, the Mavens have certainly caught my eye. Being that the C.3 12x50's are relatively new to their line, I haven't been able to find many reports from people who have used them. And, they aren't available yet in their demo "try before you buy" feature. So, anyone out there had a chance to use the Maven C.3 12x50's? If so, what were your experiences?

I'm thinking along the same lines. The main thing that reduces the amount of time I am actually looking through my binos is my arms tiring and a tripod would help. My compact spotter helps me to distinguish some objects my $250 binos can't but I think better quality bios on a tripod might take this advantage away.

I'm also looking at mavens. I think if i sell my binos spotter and a revolver and get the b series on sale I can almost get them with a little extra.

Look at Leupold BX-4 PG HD 12x50mm binos. I can get you into those for a little over $500

The BX-4 is great glass. Specs are easy to find on Leupold's website - Actual Magnification: 12 x
- Objective Clear Aperture: 50 mm
- Linear Field of View (ft/1000 yd): 263'
- Linear Field of View (m/1000 m): 88 m
- Angular Field of View (degrees): N/A
- Twilight Factor
- Weight: 28.5 oz.
- Weight: 808 g
- Length: 6.6"
- Length: 168 mm
- Exit Pupil: 3.9 mm
- Eye Relief: N/A
- Close Focus Distance: 10'
- Close Focus Distance: 3 m

That FOV on the maven 12X50 C3 is rough. I am a big fan of their C1 8x42 but not a fan of the specs on the bigger C models

If anyone is still looking for c series, i just got an email for a promo code for these that is fairly generous. I can message it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back