Caribou Gear

How much should I pay?

shortbus

Like the title says I am looking at suggestions on value of a Kimber Montana cambered in .308. My brother owns the gun. He has had it since it was new. It is at least 10 years old maybe a few years older. It has had about 150 rounds through it. Close to half shot by me. He has a vast gun collection and never really has shot it. I really like how it shoots and the fact that it is light weight. I want a rifle that is cheaper to shoot than my 300RUM. I am familiar with this gun and it's accuracy, that's why I want it. I have pestered him enough that he is willing to part with it. I know what msrp is, but finding decent comps of a bare gun are tough. What is a fair price for both of us? Thanks!

I paid $925 for a Kimber Montana in .300 WSM a couple years ago and thought I got a pretty good deal and the seller seemed happy as well.

I paid 1000.00 for a .300wsm Kimber Montana with a Leupold 3.5x10x40 scope on it. Only 40 rounds down the pipe when I purchased it. Being that he's your brother Im sure you could get the family discount down to 800.00

I sold npaden that Kimber in 300 wsm. still kinda wish I had kept it especially after he sent me the group he shot with it. here is what I would suggest. pay $900. I paid just under $800 for a used one in pretty good shape but in a caliber I didn't want, I couldn't pass up the deal. it took me about 3 months of watching gunbroker everyday to get that deal, and it still wasn't the caliber I wanted. I also wanted a .308. You know this rifle and you know it shoots and you know you like it. I think $900 is a good price for both assuming its in really good shape.

Thanks for the reply. My initial thought was 800-900$. So at least there is no sticker shock! I wish I had that gun today. The hike in was 4 miles all up hill. With a 14lb gun, a 80mm spotter, tripod, various other things and my fat butt!

Back