This mystery ranch pack is s mess

In the shower, with some hunting soap and hot water. A nail brush will help to get a lot of the scrubbing done. Honestly, it cleans up very easily. I've made three pack outs this season and its taken less than 15 minutes to scrub and rinse, then let hang in the shower overnight. Make sure you work the straps and buckles good.

Throw it in the bath tub with Oxi Clean. Soak it overnight.

#humblebrag!

Congratulations for getting it all scuzzy. I find that cold/lukewarm-ish water is better for bloody items to soak in. I instruct my wisdom teeth patients to soak in cold water/no soap to lift blood out of clothing, and tell them if any blood is still on a shirt, pillow case, etc when it gets to the dryer, the only way to remove the blood will be with scissors.

Step one: cold water/no soap.....most of blood stain is gone, but grease spots are still there, might need to change the water bath a couple of times. Use of a stiff nylon brush (grill brush, or toothbrush in tiny corners) helps too.

Step two: warmer water with Oxyclean and a small amount of soap. If scent is an issue, use a soap designed as scent free...the remainder of the blood is gone, and now greasy spots are gone

Step three: go get it bloody again

Went out to the worst mountain range in SW Montana. West of the crazies, east of three forks. not many elk they say. Much better places they say., Who cares, close to home and would be back in time for lunch so I thought. Hunted this spot about 10 times during archery season, full draw on 10-15 bulls in this class but was holding out for the big one. Times had changed, with family coming to hunt it was time to get it done. I was carrying a big gun (the 7), you don’t need a big gun to kill elk, but it helps if you want to kill one just on our side of the fence. Theses are the outfitters elk they say, most of the time they stay down on the private, but today was different. 1-200 head jumped the fence. I patiently waited, this was the best bull left.. Dialed and pulled the trigger.. 4 trips and 16 miles in 9 hours later I pulled in my driveway.. brutal.. next time I will shoot one closer to the road., 0F84E1CF-5C54-44CD-A9C4-54EC9BBF293D.jpg0FC6DE2A-372F-40B5-89CB-DC6BC155F1F3.jpg

Last edited:
Washing it will wear away at the waterproof laminate. Unless you plan on selling it why bother to clean it, that's what it's made for.

Great Bull and congrats!! I have the exact same pack and soap/oxiclean in the bath overnight...scrub with a brush in the morning and rinse super well..comes out great!

I had heard the EXO guy talk about soaking it in a tub with cold water and adding ice to it so it gets really cold. Haven’t tried it myself but I guess the colder the better for getting out blood.

Washing it will wear away at the waterproof laminate. Unless you plan on selling it why bother to clean it, that's what it's made for.

The most I have ever done is hose one off. The one I got from BF was way too clean...lol.
It now has elk & deer blood camo on it

I put my EXO in the tub overnight and then with the frame out into the washing machine with hunting soap. Looks new afterwards.

I rinse mine, then soak it in the tub for a few hours. Hang to dry. Go hunt. :)

My phone loves HT so much it has taken to double posting again! Nice bull by the way

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back