Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

High country deer hunts in NV

dididraw

I hunted deer in Region G, WY for the first time this year and I really enjoyed the solitude and great hunting (I'll get a post up in the next couple of days). Since I won't get another tag here for a few years I'm looking for other places that I could replicate this experience.

NV seems to have a number of early season (Sept and early Oct) rifle/muzzleloader deer hunts in the high mountains but I don't have a feel for which are better than others. The more remote the better for me.

Anyone willing to share some insights?

I hunted deer in Region G, WY for the first time this year and I really enjoyed the solitude and great hunting (I'll get a post up in the next couple of days). Since I won't get another tag here for a few years I'm looking for other places that I could replicate this experience.

NV seems to have a number of early season (Sept and early Oct) rifle/muzzleloader deer hunts in the high mountains but I don't have a feel for which are better than others. The more remote the better for me.

Anyone willing to share some insights?

If you're looking for more remote hunts check out areas 7, 10, 16, 17, 11, 6.....solitude can be found at some elevation in all of these areas. In fact, most of Nevada away from large urban areas is remote even if a small town is near by. I would narrow down if you want to hunt a wilderness area or not. There can be plenty of "roads" in some Nevada high country.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back