Caribou Gear

Sure glad I didn't draw my deer tag

Brittany Chukarman

My plan for Wyoming this year was to use up my deer points on a good unit. Struck out in the draw so I applied for antelope in the leftover draw and was successful. I put my trip off a week to let that early storm clear out and the ground dry up. I usually go through Yellowstone and overnight in Cody. The day I left I saw that the road to the East entrance was closed for the season so I went over the Tetons to Jackson and overnighted in Riverton. Incredible scenery all the way The next day went on to Gillette where I bought my conservation license and donated to access yes and search and rescue then on to my unit. Scouted that evening and found the antelope were mostly herded up. Started hunting the next morning and after a couple stalks was able to get on the biggest buck in the herd. This is the first downed antelope I've walked up on that get bigger the closer I got.
This was my best trip ever to Wyoming. The mountains, the people, the weather, just couldn't have been better.
4-IMG_3209.JPG3-IMG_3205.JPG1-IMG_3178.JPG2-IMG_3182.JPG

What a great trip. Smart to have avoided the storm (of opener hunters and weather too!)

Wow man what a great buck and gorgeous pics congrats!!

How many points you have to burn for that buck?

Congrats again!

That is a great buck!

Congratulations, you always do well when you venture over to Wyoming.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back