Caribou Gear Tarp

Georgia hunters headed west?

JohnnyT

Any Georgia hunters here that go out west for Mule deer and/or antelope? I'm hoping to go to Wyoming or Colorado next fall and interested in your flying or driving experience and advice. thanks

I’m from Georgia, currently stationed in NM and have been hunting the state for about 8 years. I’ve never hunted Wyoming or Colorado, however I have made the drive from Georgia several times to NM.

I'm guessing that you're going solo/DIY? If so, skip flying, unless you're absolutely pressed for time. I suggest giving yourself about 60-72 hours for drive/travel time. I usually need at least one full day acclimate, rest, etc. Also, pays to give an extra day or two to make sure plan "A" is viable. NM shouldn't bee as tricky; but weather could be a big inhibiting factor further north depending on time of year.

I'm from NC and flew out to CO last year for Mule Deer hunt. I had a friend that was in the area and picked me up in Denver and brought the meat back which made the logistics a lot easier on my end. Had it not been for him, I would have probably opted to drive to make the logistics easier. If you can find someone to go with you to share in the driving and cost it would probably make the trip a lot easier.

Thanks for the feedback. I am hoping to go to Colorado or Wyoming next year and certainly would prefer to drive so I'm in control of my stuff. Solo but hoping to team up with a group or another Hunter from Ga or southeast. Feel like I've wasted several years with a couple buds that we're all in and we even submitted apps but they have all but quit and I don't ever see them going and I'm tired of waiting on them.

Welcome to the forum. I take 2 to 3 days to get out to WY and 2 days home. I love the drive out but hate the drive home.

Just drove solo from MS to WY. Met my son, who's in school in Colorado, out there. It's a long drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back