Yeti GOBOX Collection

why i like woodleighs

S13tsilvia

I have been using Woodleighs in my 338 win mag for years, only bullet i will use now in any of my rifles.
Hold together like nothing else and mushroom time and time again.

I shot this sambar about 50 yards away as he was running away from me on a quartering angle going through some bush, the projectiles must have hit the bush / tree and started to open up and it looked like you had hit this deer with an axe twice on the entry.
I have never seen this before in all my years hunting but was pleasantly surprised with the damage it caused.
He only went about 30 yards before expiring and i found both rounds a little mangled but still fully held together and in a mushroom configuration on the opposite side just under the skin.
IMAG0797_zps5jwsfjwl.jpg
[/URL]
IMAG0775_zpsf0abfca6.jpg
[/URL]
IMAG0772_zpsf7f80506.jpg
[/URL]

Do many hunters in the USA use Woodleighs and enjoy them like i do ?

Woodleighs are good stuff. I load them for my 8mmJR (200 grain) & my 577/500 No. 2 BPE (440 grain). I've not harvested any game with them, but am darned happy with the accuracy. Been thinking of picking up some 275 grain pills for the 35 Whelen.

Always have heard good things about them. One of these days I have to get some of their 480 gr for my .450NE whenever I get it finished (restored).

I've used Hornady interlock and before them spire points for 90% of my hunting for about 50 yrs without one failure. Why should I change?

Not suggesting anyone should change, just saying I like em, my whole family have used them for decades and showing the people out there what to expect.
Well over 500 plus animals can't be wrong :)

I run them in my 375 ruger but thats it, most of my mates run them in their 30 cals up here in qld when we're chasing reds and fallow.

we have used them in the 275 H & H, 348 win, 450/400 N.E., 404 Jeffery, and 505 Gibbs with good results. Norma also loads them in the 450/400 and others I think, but dont remember exactly what.

Woodleighs are very good bullets, but IMHO so are the Swift, Nosler, Northfork, Barnes, and Norma Oryx bullets

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back