Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

More " Winning" for Sportsmen's Interests........

Better than if she had been picked to run the BLM

Not really. Her damage would have been limited to just the BLM. Now she can damage a lot more programs within Interior by being the deputy solicitor for parks & wildlife. Now she can provide the legal reasoning to disregard grazing practices, protecting wildlife over oil & gas drilling, etc.

This is a bad omen for sportsmen & women.

Put her appointment in the context of the thread about law enforcement on Wildlife Refuges.
There are folks who are not bureaucrats, but career USFWS employees- technicians, laborers, LEO's, biologists, etc. - who spend everyday working on/in these Public Lands.
Most of the public doesn't even know they exist, but they perform a myriad of duties on these sites - non partisan everyday duties.
Then along comes some ACTUAL D.C. bureaucrat who appoints another partisan bureaucrat to meddle in how these folks do their jobs. In Budd-Falen's case, a bureaucrat who actually defended the perpetrators of criminal activity on public lands.
A real kick in the crotch to those boots on the ground public employees - a real incentive booster............

Not really. Her damage would have been limited to just the BLM. Now she can damage a lot more programs within Interior by being the deputy solicitor for parks & wildlife. Now she can provide the legal reasoning to disregard grazing practices, protecting wildlife over oil & gas drilling, etc.

This is a bad omen for sportsmen & women.

I guess I was thinking the depth of the damage could be deeper if she could propose or sign off on sales. Versus I can see on the scope of her new job could be quite large, but still she's not going to directly make land ownership level decisions right?

I guess I was thinking the depth of the damage could be deeper if she could propose or sign off on sales. Versus I can see on the scope of her new job could be quite large, but still she's not going to directly make land ownership level decisions right?

The transfer or sale of lands has to go through legal review, which she may potentially have to sign off on. More than that, she'll be working to dismantle what is left in terms of safeguards for wildlife in regulation and rule, as well as applying some pretty faulty logic to ESA cases that will perpetuate the litigation cycle. I've known her for a long time, and having her in this position is a dangerous proposition for people who care about public lands.

The transfer or sale of lands has to go through legal review, which she may potentially have to sign off on. More than that, she'll be working to dismantle what is left in terms of safeguards for wildlife in regulation and rule, as well as applying some pretty faulty logic to ESA cases that will perpetuate the litigation cycle. I've known her for a long time, and having her in this position is a dangerous proposition for people who care about public lands.

Awesome, thanks for the good news Ben. At least it's not on a Friday

Awesome, thanks for the good news Ben. At least it's not on a Friday

a lot of folks missed the pivot in January of 2017. The Transfer crowd didn't need to hold fee title. They had the agencies in charge of managing how they really wanted - which is as a colony for extractive industries. Transfer proponents are getting what they want, and sportsmen are gleeful that we get to open the last actual wildlife refuges for hunting, not realizing what happens when those places get shot out. We suffer from short-term goals in a long-term world. We never play the right game.

a lot of folks missed the pivot in January of 2017. The Transfer crowd didn't need to hold fee title. They had the agencies in charge of managing how they really wanted - which is as a colony for extractive industries. Transfer proponents are getting what they want, and sportsmen are gleeful that we get to open the last actual wildlife refuges for hunting, not realizing what happens when those places get shot out. We suffer from short-term goals in a long-term world. We never play the right game.

No "we" don't.
With the power of more information right at our fingertips (on this very media platform) than ever in human history, we - collectively - as sportsmen and women are squandering the very thing(s) we spend all our time gabbing about on social media.
The grip and grin reigns supreme.

Thrilling that we have yet another person appointed to a high level position in an organization they’ve spent their career fighting against. Could any of you guys break down how to track her decisions and proposals so that we can stay vigilant (and have something specific to call our reps about)?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back