Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

How do I find an area biologist?

lifesupport4u

I always here "talk to the local biologist".... are these folks with USFS, BLM, wildlife agency etc?

I am particularly interested in CO at this moment.

Thanks

I've had better luck with game wardens. Call the closest fish and game office to your hunting area and get their phone number..

I've had better luck with game wardens. Call the closest fish and game office to your hunting area and get their phone number..

This. Prior to my recent CO moose hunt I got names, phones & e-mails of the local CPW wildlife officers, and the ungulate biologist for the area. I wrote to all of them and got helpful responses and location tips from the biologist and two of the officers. They want you to play by the rules and to be successful.

Getting emails is your best bet, bios can be tough to get on the phone and same with wardens. I have found it easier for them to send back an email versus getting on the phone, best of luck.

Definitely try email. Fall is really busy, and I know I sometimes can’t respond to voice messages for quite a while because I’m just not in the office or in phone service during hours that are appropriate to call people at home. At least with email, I can just respond and it doesn’t matter that it might be 5:00 am or 11:00pm. Most agencies have directories online, or call the local office and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back