Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Headed out.

Thanks guys. We head home thurs. Ill post a story when I have a bigger key pad. At the watering hole in Gunnison.

OK. Back home in the recliner. Thinking about the pile of gear in the garage. Better take time to tell the tale.

The plan of attack was to drive the BLM roads (yeah,roads), and glass the sage. The evening of the third day my brother in law caught a nice buck and a Doe sneaking along a bank. He was up for first shooter that day and made a move. Everything was going according to Hoyle. Right up to the point where the bullet went over the bucks back. There was no second chance. No trotting off and looking back. Just flat out belly dragging mad run over the next rise. Deer one. Men.....zero.

The next morning I was on the trigger. We headed in the general direction of the bucks location. Never expecting to see it again after the fracus the previous evening. We eased down into the country we were in the day before,and spied a lone doe doing nothing in particular. My buddy commented on her looking like her buck had run off, lol. We eased around the point,and my buddy hissed "shooter! And he's leaving fast." Leaving he was. Fast and hard. I was getting ranges from my buddy as the buck created distance between us. Before I got into position he made it to 348 yards,but slowed to a fast walk. I tracked him in the scope,followed through and pressed the bang switch. Dropped at the shot.

Turned out it was the buck from the previous evening. He had acquired a very low tolerance for human activity. And 130 grain .277 bullets. Some high fives and hero shots ensued. He isn't the biggest in the unit. I can attest to that. I haven't enjoyed a hunt any more than this though. Lots of deer to glass. We were in bucks every day. Not all shooters,but bucks just the same. We took a couple bucks and spent a bunch of time in the sage. One of my favorite places.

Man, you guys did it right! If I hunted Gunnison, I'd be eating at Mario's twice a day.

Thanks for supporting the local economy and hopefully you'll come back soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back